What's new

I Phone 4

tarun.chandwani

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new user and upgraded my i phone 4 with ios 5 but the Baseband has also changed for my phone to 4.11.08. Please let me know how to downgrade my Baseband with out changing the chip.

tarun.chandwani said:
Hi,

I am a new user and upgraded my i phone 4 with ios 5 but the Baseband has also changed for my phone to 4.11.08. Please let me know how to downgrade my Baseband with out changing the chip.

no way to. good luck.

As reahn mentioned above... there's no way to downgrade your iPhone's Baseband. The only way to change it now is when a newer BB is released w/ an iOS update.

You have three options:

1. Use it on AT&T.
2. Wait for an unlock solution.
3. Use it with Straight Talk. Straight Talk uses AT&T's network and costs $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and web.

You have three options:1. Use it on AT&T.2. Wait for an unlock solution.3. Use it with Straight Talk. Straight Talk uses AT&T's network and costs $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and web.
All about that Straight Talk aren't ya... LOL!!

Thomasjtsi said:
All about that Straight Talk aren't ya... LOL!!

It's pretty awesome, after being stuck in T-Mobile 2G/edge for a while:). My mom switched too.

Thomasjtsi said:
So... is the unlimited web actually unlimited internet on the iPhone?!?!?!?!?

Most people say you should stay under 100MB a day, 2GB a month. I mainly stay on ST talk because my dad won't pay more than $45 a month for my phone service.

Most people say you should stay under 100MB a day, 2GB a month. I mainly stay on ST talk because my dad won't pay more than $45 a month for my phone service.
100MB/day would be closer to 3GB/mo wouldn't it? LOL!! And what do you mean "mainly stay on ST talk?" Inquiring cause it's nice to know these things for potential users who want to use an iPhone on something other than At&t.

Thomasjtsi said:
100MB/day would be closer to 3GB/mo wouldn't it? LOL!! And what do you mean "mainly stay on ST talk?" Inquiring cause it's nice to know these things for potential users who want to use an iPhone on something other than At&t.

I meant to say ST(Straight Talk):)

The main reason I stay on Straight Talk is that my dad will pay up to $45 of any cell service I want, and I don't want to spend any, lol.

Still leaves the quesiton though... is it truly internet you can use on the iPhone? Cause I know At&t's Go Phone service charges extra when you hook in an iPhone... they'll actually charge a flat $$ amount to your Go Phone account for a "data pacakge."

Just realized this was in the Forum Rules section... moved to the appropriate iPhone 4 section.

Thomasjtsi said:
Still leaves the quesiton though... is it truly internet you can use on the iPhone? Cause I know At&t's Go Phone service charges extra when you hook in an iPhone... they'll actually charge a flat $$ amount to your Go Phone account for a "data pacakge."

Yes, I've even told ST Customer Service that I'm using the sim in an iPhone. They just sell you the sim and allow you to put it in any phone you want.