What's new

I don't understand how to use 6S

And I would go back to the carrier and make sure they give you a iPhone that has not ever belonged to anyone else.

The battery of My iphone 6s only last for 6hours! Junk battery!!

Go to settings - battery and you can see what the offending apps are.

Have you posted here for suggestions as to why that might be the case? This 6 hour problem you have, may well be that the battery is kaput. But there are ways to check it out first.

You'll have to provide us with more information before we can say why your battery life is so low. You can check in Settings>Battery to see if there are any apps that are using too much battery power. graphics intensive games drain the battery quite quickly as does extended use of navigation apps with GPS.

You'll have to provide us with more information before we can say why your battery life is so low. You can check in Settings>Battery to see if there are any apps that are using too much battery power. graphics intensive games drain the battery quite quickly as does extended use of navigation apps with GPS.

I already checked the settings of my phone, wi fi, location services, notification, data, etc. all turned off, even the screen brightness is set only to 25%. Only 6hours is the maximum power life of my battery. I tried also to reset my phone but it doesnt work. I also tried after charging my phone to 100% i turn it off and turn it on after 5hours, you know what happen??? The charge of the battery is only 2o%!!!!! Please help me

I would take it to an Apple Store and have a diagnostic run on it to test out your battery. They can tell you if there is a problem with the battery itself.

I already checked the settings of my phone, wi fi, location services, notification, data, etc. all turned off, even the screen brightness is set only to 25%. Only 6hours is the maximum power life of my battery. I tried also to reset my phone but it doesnt work. I also tried after charging my phone to 100% i turn it off and turn it on after 5hours, you know what happen??? The charge of the battery is only 2o%!!!!! Please help me

Did you follow his advice and check which app was causing the issue? Please post the results so we can help.

It's kind of like saying "the place made the thing wrong, how can I get them to make my thing correct". Can't help if don't know where, what type place, what it was etc.

I used my new-to-me iPhone 6s "fairly heavily," for me, on Tuesday, meaning I spent a lot of time fooling with it. I have everything (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth) turned on. Several apps doing background updates. Was at 39% by the time I put it back on the charger after over 17 hours

Yesterday I wanted to see what it'd do if I essentially left it alone. Hardly woke it up in the same 17 hours. A text message. A couple calls. Grabbed some login credentials out of my password safe. Checked the weather once-or-twice. Still had 75% by the time I got home more than 12 hours after I took it off the charger, and 70% four hours later, after 17 hours total.

This morning it seems to be dropping fairly rapidly, though. It's down to 58%, from a start of 66% at 5:30. 2%/hour is kind of high, for low use. AccuWeather was responsible for 43% of that. I don't think I need that on my phone, so I removed it.

I think I'll see about the same run-time with this phone as I got with my 3rd Generation Moto G.

Best advise for long life of an iPhone battery is to top it up at night while ypu sleep. It won't over-charge and there are a finite set of charging cycles, you maximize that by following my advise. Don't regularly drop it down to requiring a full charge.

Best advise for long life of an iPhone battery is to top it up at night while ypu sleep. It won't over-charge and there are a finite set of charging cycles, you maximize that by following my advise. Don't regularly drop it down to requiring a full charge.
I've often read "charge when it's between 60% and 40%." I've been doing that and my batteries seem to hold up well. (The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 I'm retiring still gets excellent runtime, and that tablet is pretty old, by mobile device standards.)

Right now I'm just trying to learn the device's profile. E.g.: How long I can expect it to go on a charge, partial charge, etc.

I rarely allow a device to fall (much) below 40%. Except I have found it useful, at least on my Android devices, to discharge all the way to shuts-itself-off, let it rest for a bit, then full charge it, if the device suddenly starts apparently running low faster than normal, and there's no new obvious reason (e.g.: an app) for it. Often, when I do that, the device runs itself down to 1% or so, then sits there for hours and hours.

Thing is: Lithium-Ion batteries have a discharge curve that more resembles a cliff than curve, so devices can't accurately gauge their charge level by measuring the voltage. Devices estimate it based on "experience" and charging characteristics.

You can test your battery with this test.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute.
If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

As per Apple: Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles.

As per Apple: Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles.

That's sort of Apple's guarantee, but they go a good bit farther. I probably have over 600 charge cycles on my 6s Plus at about 78% of capacity. My old iPhone 5 had about 1200 charge cycles before the battery finally died. LOL

I have an old MacBook from 2006 that's still got its original battery. It's rated for 300 cycles and is still going strong at almost 750 cycles. It still lasts about 2 1/2 hours on a full charge.