What's new

I can't move an app to a different screen

Tricon7

Reaction score
I created a new folder for news, and I'm trying to move an app on a different screen to that folder by pressing the app until they jiggle, tapping once, then sliding to the edge of the screen. But it won't move to the next screen; it just slides back to its original position. What am I doing wrong?

It just takes patience and practice. Sometimes, it takes a while for the phone to recognize that yes, you are moving an icon to another page...

What I do, when I want to move an icon to another page, is to put that icon on the dock (move something off temporarily if it's already full). Then, page to where you wish the icon to be and move the icon off the dock onto the page. Rinse and repeat as necessary. When I'm done, I just put my dock icons back onto the dock.

If neither of those work for you, then I'm afraid I don't know what's wrong, either. Sorry.

Marilyn

I had trouble with this when I first got my iphone.. The trick is to slide it to the screen's edge and Hold it there... then the next page will appear and you'r ready to let go.

It just takes patience and practice. Sometimes, it takes a while for the phone to recognize that yes, you are moving an icon to another page...

What I do, when I want to move an icon to another page, is to put that icon on the dock (move something off temporarily if it's already full). Then, page to where you wish the icon to be and move the icon off the dock onto the page. Rinse and repeat as necessary. When I'm done, I just put my dock icons back onto the dock.

If neither of those work for you, then I'm afraid I don't know what's wrong, either. Sorry.

Marilyn

Thats a great idea!!!

I had trouble with this when I first got my iphone.. The trick is to slide it to the screen's edge and Hold it there... then the next page will appear and you'r ready to let go.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

If jailbroken a tweak called "Multi Icon Mover" makes moving icon a breeze. Very quick and easy.