What's new

how to tether iphone5

LilaMarie

Reaction score
my phone is jailbroke and I hear there is a difference in the way you jailbreak your phone in order to hook up to laptop to get internet?

If you already had a tethering plan for your phone before jailbreaking it you can continue to use it with no problems. If you don't have a tethering plan there is a jailbreak app called tether me which you can use. I don't jailbreak myself so I don't know where to find it.

BTW, I've moved your post to the iPhone Jailbreaking Forum where it will receive more attention.

no I got the tethering after I got the phone. yes I do have teathering with the service provider.
so now what do I have to do in order to tether? I have no clue even where to start.
ty

Can someone plz answer my question?
I had my phone before I got the tether and I did jailbreak my phone before I got the tether
would appreciate a reply on this as to what I have to do. thanks

In Settings on the phone, you should have a line titled "Personal Hotspot." It's at the top of the Settings page when you first open it. Turn it ON (so the button shows green).

Then, on your laptop, open Network or WiFi settings so you can find your phone's WiFi signal. Once you find it, you should be able to connect to it. And, then WiFi should work on your laptop.

Marilyn

An alternate way would be to just connect your USB-lightning charge cable to tether your phone to your laptop.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

thanks rasmith. is there a number in my phone that once I plug into my laptop that I should be looking for?

thanks rasmith. is there a number in my phone that once I plug into my laptop that I should be looking for?
After turning on the personal hotspot on your iPhone go to the network settings on your computer, your iPhone will appear as a nearby WiFi signal. Click on it and enter the tethering password you set up on your iPhone when setting up the personal hotspot. Except for the use of the USB cable to make the connection, this works just like the WiFi hotspot Mickey330 mentioned in her post.

oh gosh I don't think I have ever set up the hotspot. guess I will have to do that first.\=
sorry, but getting back to my first question...this will all work with my phone being jailbroken.. correct?
ty

Jailbreaking, in and of itself, won't affect the normal operation of your iPhone although what you add in the way of themes and tweaks may. I suggest you try and see if it works.

Last edited:
nothing that I think will bother it. just downloaded a few apps from Cydia. yes I will give it a go later on sometime. can't bend at moment for about another month with the surgery I had. thanks again hagd