What's new

How to Limit Time of Alarm Ring

Plnr

Reaction score
I miss the ability to set a time for my morning alarm to ring i.e. not the time the alarm goes off, but the length of time that it rings for. I want to set my alarm for 6am at a 1 minute ring. Ideally a second/snooze ring could then be set for 10 mins later if I so wished.

Have you tried any of the Alarm apps in the App Store? I think Alarmy may have what you want. You can set it to less than a minute to several hours.

Great. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.

Hmm, I don't really want to do the Android/Iphone thing but on my Android phone the ability to select the length of ring-time and a repeat was integral to the phone alarm app. That makes sense, yes? The alarm wakes us, we resist its call, after a minute it goes off and we get another blissfull 2/5/10/20 minutes as pre-planned the night before. This can't happen with my iphone alarm as it just goes on and on and on. Sure, I can tap it to stop, but I'm one of those people that really doesn't want to sleep with a phone by my bed.

This app Alarmy wants to charge me $100 a year to achieve what my 5 yr old Android did for no extra charge. Plus Alarmy is over-engineered and offers all sorts of gamified ways/'missions' to awake - math problems etc. I don't want to wake and do a math problem. I don't need my alarm to set me the challenge of 5 squats or whatever to wake up. I just need it to prompt me for a minute, leave me be, then prompt me again as per a schedule that works for me. That is, give me a couple of gentle push and pulls according to basic human psychology, physiology and sanity.

I appreciate you making the effort to suggest the app, nonetheless!

Hmm, I don't really want to do the Android/Iphone thing but on my Android phone the ability to select the length of ring-time and a repeat was integral to the phone alarm app. That makes sense, yes? The alarm wakes us, we resist its call, after a minute it goes off and we get another blissfull 2/5/10/20 minutes as pre-planned the night before. This can't happen with my iphone alarm as it just goes on and on and on. Sure, I can tap it to stop, but I'm one of those people that really doesn't want to sleep with a phone by my bed.

This app Alarmy wants to charge me $100 a year to achieve what my 5 yr old Android did for no extra charge. Plus Alarmy is over-engineered and offers all sorts of gamified ways/'missions' to awake - math problems etc. I don't want to wake and do a math problem. I don't need my alarm to set me the challenge of 5 squats or whatever to wake up. I just need it to prompt me for a minute, leave me be, then prompt me again as per a schedule that works for me. That is, give me a couple of gentle push and pulls according to basic human psychology, physiology and sanity.

I appreciate you making the effort to suggest the app, nonetheless!

According to the App write up, the quick alarm feature that offers 1 minute is included in the free features. No need to pay for the In-app.
You can suggest the feature you want to Apple.

Feedback