What's new

How to identify same name contacts?

Techlover

Reaction score
Hi,

I have many same names in my contacts, for example 3 different “John Smith”, now how do I know which “John Smith” is calling or which “John Smith” I am looking for to call, obviously, I have entered company name of all the 3 contacts but in display it doesn’t show company name. So it is very difficult to find the correct person. Wondering, why Apple has never though of displaying company name along with contacts.

If any one has any solution, pls. share.

Thanks.

Number your John Smiths in your Contacts app (e.g. John1, John2...) or put their company name in as their middle name (e.g. John (FedEx) Smith). Or something like that.

Yeah, it's clunky but as far as I know, it's the only way to separate your same name people.

Marilyn

I was thinking the same thing... like numbering them in order of how long you've known them. Of course John Smith1 being the longest... and so on.

If it's friends and acquaintances, i use the post code (which is unique) or the home district as the 'company', that means it shows on the screen better when they ring you for far better identification.

Just another, you know several people in the same family or company, many users don't know you can customise the 'name' label.

When in edit you add their number as normal, now press and hold the label it pop's up the alternatives (home, work fax etc).

Scroll down to 'custom', Enter your new labels name,/done, press the ticked entry and job done.

The point is when "Name", "Last Name" & "Company" is given in field then why one need to do so many other alterations (John1, John2... how will you remember that also) in such an expensive top of the world smart phone? So should we call it as smart phone??? It's just a simple thing to add company name in display, why Apple can't do it? Yeah unless Apple want's to make money by selling third party Apps, as there are many apps available for this solution, so for such basic thing one has to spend $ again on so called "Smart Phone".

Hey, any one tried using Siri for such application? It's funny, she will say which "John Smith" you would like me to call, there are three :) Now how the f**k I know which one :))