What's new

How to dismiss update

shabazz916

Reaction score
On settings it has a red dot becuase there a update but i dnt wanna update it so how do i get rid of that ????

Unfortunately there's now way to dismiss the update badge... unless you're Jailbroke. Then, there's several tweaks you can install via Cydia to hide the badge.

Thomasjtsi said:
Unfortunately there's now way to dismiss the update badge... unless you're Jailbroke. Then, there's several tweaks you can install via Cydia to hide the badge.

Wat tweaks are there to hide it

I use "noOTAbadge" and haven't had an issue w/ it. I know there are a couple others... just can't recall right off.

Last edited:
I found I have to use a combo of things. I used "No Update" to stop the phone from searching for an update. Then, somehow, the update is now on my phone (yet No Update is stopping it from installing).

But, then i had that stoopid badge, so I installed "noOTA badge" and that got rid of the update badge. Both are working fine together...

Marilyn

I found I have to use a combo of things. I used "No Update" to stop the phone from searching for an update. Then, somehow, the update is now on my phone (yet No Update is stopping it from installing).

But, then i had that stoopid badge, so I installed "noOTA badge" and that got rid of the update badge. Both are working fine together...

Marilyn
Correction on mine... I'm using the same. "noOTAbadge"... sorry.

Me too, but its only for the badge on a home screen, inside the settings badge remains

bbrks said:
Me too, but its only for the badge on a home screen, inside the settings badge remains

There isn't a way to clear the badge inside Settings that I know of. It's simply cosmetic what it does for the Springboard Badges.

There isn't a way to clear the badge inside Settings that I know of. It's simply cosmetic what it does for the Springboard Badges.

Actually there is a way to clear all notification about new iOS upgrade on the iPhone without upgrading.
I didn't upgrade my iOS and I didn't install those tweaks no update noOTAupdate etc... And I have no notification about ios update either on home screen or in settings.
To clean it up you will need iFile.

I never got a notification badge for iOS 5.0.1. It was there in the settings update area, but I never wanted it. I never got a notification badge for 5.1 either, but I did update to it.

I never got a notification badge for iOS 5.0.1. It was there in the settings update area, but I never wanted it. I never got a notification badge for 5.1 either, but I did update to it.

I didn't get an update Badge for over a week after I seen the update in settings. Actually when I got the alert, that iOS 5.1 was available, that's when the badge appears. I sims installed noOTA badge and I don't be look at that tab in settings any more.

Ok for those of you willing to get rid of every notifications about new iOS 5.1 use iFile to navigate to
System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
Open the SystemVersion.plist using the text viewer option tap on edit at top left conner and change 5.0.1 into 5.1
Save it and go out from CoreServices, close iFile and respring your iPhone.
I do not know if this will interfere with "no update" and "noOTAupdate" tweaks. I didn't install those tweaks so I would uninstall those tweaks respring the iPhone before changing the plist file.
It works well on my iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken. iTunes on my computer doesn't ask me to upgrade as well and no bug or glitch or whatsoever have been noticed here.
7b797ead-4597-98a8.jpg

7b797ead-45b2-1e79.jpg

7b797ead-45c1-96f9.jpg

7b797ead-45d3-5691.jpg

7b797ead-45e1-706a.jpg

There are several apps like iPhoto, numbers, pages, key note and garage band which will require you iOS 5.1 before you download them or update them. After changing the plist, you will be able to install or update them successfully too.
Hope it helps some of you.

I have the badge for the 5.1 update but just prefer to ignore it.

My theme Noki HD means its not a red badge so it does not stand out !

no update and recovery gaurd, you cannot see it at all and tells your up to date