What's new

How to copy music albums fro iPhone to windows 10 music folder.

hewjr100

Reaction score
Well that just about says it. Google was no help, and iExplorer only copies individual songs, and only 10 at a time, demo version. Not willing to shell out $40.00 for a one time use. any help or guidance will of course be appreciated.

Henry

The easy solution is to use iTunes. I’m assuming that you don’t wish to use it?

scifan57, shhh we gotta keep this a secret...I USE LINUX. So come to the dark side and eat cookies.

Henry

Oh buy the way, I upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the 6s, and for whatever reason I had bought 1 ringtone for $1.29, but when I activated new phone it was gone. Apple support said I had to purchase it again...fat chance I was going to pay again for what I already paid for, this is what I am worried about. Today I downloaded 30 albums, and I cannot afford to lose them.

Henry

Oh buy the way, I upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the 6s, and for whatever reason I had bought 1 ringtone for $1.29, but when I activated new phone it was gone. Apple support said I had to purchase it again...fat chance I was going to pay again for what I already paid for, this is what I am worried about. Today I downloaded 30 albums, and I cannot afford to lose them.

Henry
It's probably waiting to be clicked on, in iTunes.

Anything you purchased from iTunes should be in your iTunes purchase history, including ringtones and music. Have you checked there for your missing ringtone?

Yes I did, and also Apple Support was granted access to my system, so that they could look for it too, no luck.

Henry

Yes I did, and also Apple Support was granted access to my system, so that they could look for it too, no luck.

Henry
That’s why I keep local copies of my entire iTunes library backed up on several hard drives.

Yea, you are right. I have become lazy because of One Drive. That is why I wanted to get them to my music folder or downloads folder, then I could upload them to One Drive.

Henry

Yea, you are right. I have become lazy because of One Drive. That is why I wanted to get them to my music folder or downloads folder, then I could upload them to One Drive.

Henry
Cloud storage is great, until it doesn’t work.

Question, did you backup via iTunes? I re installed windows 10 creators update and iTunes. I did a backup to this computer, but does backup to iCloud copy albums?

Henry

An iCloud backup does not actually contain any music or other iTunes content. What it does have is list of the music and other contents which are downloaded from the cloud when setting up a restored or new iPhone.

So I assume that the list will allow me to download files without having to purchase again. Thanks for you input and help.

Henry

If the items are still in your purchase history. I have a number of albums that have been removed from my purchase history and can only be added to my devices by syncing to iTunes on my computer.