What's new

How recover contacts?

alant

Reaction score
Hello,
Iphone 6s Plus
I entered all of my contacts into my new phone the other day. Somehow I was able to email a file of all of my contacts to myself for safekeeping. I don't remember how I did it though. I just mistakenly deleted all of the contacts off of my phone (by playing around with icloud). Since I have the backup file saved on my pc, is it possible to restore them back onto my phone? Note: "im currently not using iTunes. Thank you.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I caused the issue by deleting them from the cloud in the first place. Somehow, it had merged old bogus coltacts into it from before this phone. I did just find that I could recover them by just clicking on the attachment I mailed to myself. It gave me th option to r store them...

Where did you store your contacts before you got your iPhone? If they were saved to Gmail, e.g., they will sync to the iPhone when you set up your Gmail account. It wouldn’t have been necessary to import them manually.

Yes. They were old gmail contacts which I never kept up to date.

If the account has been set up on your iPhone, go to Settings - Accounts & Passwords, tap the Gmail account, and enable Contacts:
224AAD84-FB00-4B37-B6FD-7292B5D393BA.jpeg

They will sync to your iPhone automatically. You’ll find them in the Contacts app.