What's new

How much RAM in th 4S?

5er driver

Reaction score
The 4 has about 504 MB RAM and when I have a few apps running in the background that I need on mine, the RAM fills up and the phone slows down. It reacts jerky, jittery, and stutters until I close some apps to free up some RAM even though I have about 11 GB free space on the drive. I just ordered a 4S and hope I don't have the same issue with it.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Last edited:
The iPhone 4S has the same amount of ram as the iPhone 4.

Thanks bab, that's what I thought. Guess I'm going to have the same issue with the new phone.

Might be, but how do you know that your issue on your iPhone 4 is purely related to the ram memory? I don't think so anyway.

It's the Skype app causing the RAM fill. Here are 2 screenshots showing the RAM, the 1st is with the app running in the background, the 2nd one is after I closed the app.

d671c78c.jpg

0d40cab7.jpg

Last edited:
It's the Skype app causing the RAM fill. Here are 2 screenshots showing the RAM, the 1st is with the app running in the background, the 2nd one is after I closed the app.

d671c78c.jpg

0d40cab7.jpg

Those apps you are view to monitor your ram are not fake, but they do not explain everything about how ram is operating in your phone. Forget about those apps and run Skype and whatever heavy game you want and while playing your game with Skype in the background, try calling or SMSing your iPhone, it will never freeze. Forget about those apps and enjoy your phone.