How do you like your XR after owning it for several months?

Discussion in 'iPhone Xr' started by DallasFan, Feb 8, 2019.

1. DallasFan

DallasFan Active Member

I have an iPhone 7 that is about 2.25 years old.
    There is nothing wrong with it, at least now; but if I was going to replace it with a new one, I would do it something in the Fall after the new ones are released.

Then, I might be able to get the year - old XR at a discount to what they are selling for today.

I like the XR. It costs about as much as my 7 when I bought it new, but it has a faster processor and although it is only slightly larger than the 7, the area of the viewing screen is probably 30 - 40 percent greater. I don't recall the exact specs.

When I was shopping earlier this afternoon, I saw one on display and after I compared it to my own phone, it looked really good. Faster, edge to edge display, not too big and not too small.

I am not in the market for one today, but if I was......the XR would be my first choice.

2. Marie86

Marie86 Active Member

I had a 6s from it being released over 3 year back and only decided to get new phone when the battery went down so fast and it turned off before battery was flat once. I had that same problem before and got it replaced as I hadn’t had it a year. So once it happened late last year I decided rather than getting it sorted again and possibly being without a phone for few days it was time for new phone.

Definitely a full screen one so an X model. The XR being cheapest and near enough same as others I went for that. First thing I noticed was good battery life it easily lasts the day between charging which is a first for me. Face ID takes bit of getting used to but it’s ok. Love the colour options with it first time I’ve had a chosen colour in a phone. Never used the new portrait mode on camera don’t see point in it and only works with people in pic.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DallasFan

DallasFan Active Member

I don't use the camera as often as other people, but I am surprised at all the improvements they make in them every year.

My battery was dying on me after several hours as well, but I called Apple, they did an online test and said I qualified for a new battery. I had new one replaced last Fall for $29 and it's been fine ever since.

What really sold me on the new phone was that it is only about 1/2 inch (6 mm?) longer and slightly wider.....but the screen appears to be 30-40 percent larger (6.1 inches versus 4.7 ) because it goes end to end without the notch.

It is only 1mm thicker so it will fit in my pocket as easily as my 7.

I am in no hurry though. I can wait until the next generation is released ( I read that there might be a 3D camera on the next generation)

I am not paying $1100, $1200 for a phone though. My last three laptops did not cost more than $350 a piece.

But I am sold on the XR and I was just wondering how other people liked it so far.

Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 2