What's new

How do you add an attachment to an email reply?

SoCalSurfer

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere- read the manual, blah, blah, blah. When someone sends an email requesting information, I can't find or figure out how to attach a file/document to my reply. I know I can send docs in an original email, but I can't figure it out for a simple reply. Explanations will be greatly appreciated!
Thx

Unfortunately, you can't attach files in a reply.

The only thing you can do is start to answer the e-mail in the Mail app. When the reply pop-up appears, select and copy the whole e-mail. Then, close the Mail app and go to the app that has the file you want to attach. Open that file. Then, select to e-mail the attachment (most apps allow you to e-mail files. When the e-mail pop-ip window appears, paste your reply in. Then, send the e-mail.

Yes, it's convoluted. But, it's what we got.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanks- That is kind of what I figured out- I even downloaded Outlook Email and couldn't do it there either. This may be a deal breaker, as I do a lot of email with attachemenys (love DropBox). I have a Droid Bionic, and although it has a ton of buggy issues, the email is great (when it can get data connections).

If you don't want to give up you iPhone create a gmail account and forward everything there then download the gmail app. You can do all that with gmail, I never use the native mail app anymore.

Which mail are you using? means yahoo, g-mail, hot-mail and etc

I use a corporate web exchange - so gmail, yahoo, etc. won't work for this case. I've been using my Bionic temporarily until I figure this out - Touchdown email is fantastic. Wish it was available on the iPhone.

Yeah, the native email capabilities aren't so great. I tried the Gmail app - but couldn't figure out a way to make it the "default" app. Is that possible?

Nice to hear about the anyattach tweak - gonna check that out now.

Take care,
Rob