What's new

How do i use i messenger

iHolophyte said:
iMessage is the same as your standard SMS message, apart from it uses wifi or 3G to send and receive. So basically with iMessage it's free within your data package to send text messages, photographs & videos. Where as to send a photograph through SMS your carrier would charge you. Here in the UK it's 25p per photograph or for the technical amongst us MMS. iMessage only works between iPhones using iOS 5 or above. To know its an iMessage or SMS in your text box it will say "iMessage or SMS" once sent if its in a blue speech bubble then it's been sent as an iMessage if it's in a green speech bubble then it's been sent as a SMS and will be used within your text allowance.

I hope that's covered it.

iHolophyte

Please don't be rude! you do not know whether you will get charged or not unless you sent it out.
I will stay on using whatsapp, in which if you see your friend there means the message is free.
Hope Apple can develop imessage better

Last edited by a moderator:
This is stupid developer, you do not know whether you will get charged or not unless you sent it out.
I will stay on using whatsapp, in which if you see your friend there means the message is free.
Hope Apple can develop imessage better
pay attention to your language, if iMessage happens to be a bad development, you can always try making it better by adding a better code to the program and propose to to Apple.
Now to answer your question, you will know if you are sending an iMessage or a sms the moment you start typing. In fact the "send" button will turn blue if is going to be send as iMessage, or the "send" will be green is the message is going to be send as a sms. If you haven't noticed that, now pay attention to it in case you sure you are having iMessage activated and that your contacts are also having iMessage activated in their iPhone.

There are other messaging apps that can send/receive via Internet. I have one called "WhatsApp" on my iPhone 3G. It requires that both phones have the app installed. There is an app called Textme that looks really interesting.

Last edited: