What's new

How do i use i messenger

gsent

Reaction score
I've had this forever and don't get it help please

Hello, its called imessage.

You have to go to Settings - Messages and turn it ON.

Once you do that, if you have any friends who have iphones running ios 5, if you go to send them a text message, instead of green it will be blue and say imessage on it instead of text message.

You and your friend both have to be on an internet connection (wifi or 3g) in order for imessage to show up in the message app (in order for it to turn blue).

You dont get charged for the imessages, they are data related not SMS charged.

Hope this helps.

You also can go to Settings - messages and scroll down where it says Received at, and add an email address under your phone number, and your friends can send you an imessage using that email address as well instead of just your cell phone number.

iMessage is the same as your standard SMS message, apart from it uses wifi or 3G to send and receive. So basically with iMessage it's free within your data package to send text messages, photographs & videos. Where as to send a photograph through SMS your carrier would charge you. Here in the UK it's 25p per photograph or for the technical amongst us MMS. iMessage only works between iPhones using iOS 5 or above. To know its an iMessage or SMS in your text box it will say "iMessage or SMS" once sent if its in a blue speech bubble then it's been sent as an iMessage if it's in a green speech bubble then it's been sent as a SMS and will be used within your text allowance.

I hope that's covered it.

iHolophyte

Wow I see now I have reason to upgrade. But funny none of my contact have an iPhone. Africa we get there Someday.

Wow I see now I have reason to upgrade. But funny none of my contact have an iPhone. Africa we get there Someday.

Africa's already there. You have some brilliant footballers playing in the African cup of nations right now. Toure brothers for 2 of them. Ba for another. I'm sure all 3 of them have the iPhone 😜

iHolophyte

Africa's already there. You have some brilliant footballers playing in the African cup of nations right now. Toure brothers for 2 of them. Ba for another. I'm sure all 3 of them have the iPhone 😜

iHolophyte

Pretty sure actually :)

iHolophyte said:
Africa's already there. You have some brilliant footballers playing in the African cup of nations right now. Toure brothers for 2 of them. Ba for another. I'm sure all 3 of them have the iPhone dde1c

iHolophyte

Yeah well I am guessing he does not have those soccer players' imessage info so that sounds pretty useless right Bout now lol

Yeah well I am guessing he does not have those soccer players' imessage info so that sounds pretty useless right Bout now lol

Never say never. And for the record it's "football" players. (Laughs out loud) I tweak yaya toure all the time I'll ask if he has iMessage 😝

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
Never say never. And for the record it's "football" players. (Laughs out loud) I tweak yaya toure all the time I'll ask if he has iMessage dde1d

iHolophyte

Oh shush haha i know, i am European (lived in the States for too long haha hence the soccer thing).

dde010

iHolophyte said:
Africa's already there. You have some brilliant footballers playing in the African cup of nations right now. Toure brothers for 2 of them. Ba for another. I'm sure all 3 of them have the iPhone dde1c

iHolophyte

I agree with u bro we are there!! Just in some aspect we still lack behind. We have the attitude and spirit to grow. Africa is great! Africa is one! Africa is love. I really appreciate how u guys welcome us all around the world now. One love! Also sure I know these people u talking about even more who can afford iPhone. But they are celebrities so can't get their messenger lol.

I agree with u bro we are there!! Just in some aspect we still lack behind. We have the attitude and spirit to grow. Africa is great! Africa is one! Africa is love. I really appreciate how u guys welcome us all around the world now. One love! Also sure I know these people u talking about even more who can afford iPhone. But they are celebrities so can't get their messenger lol.

I have to agree Africa's come along way in recent years. If you don't know those players you must know drogba, Africa's no 1 player. But hey I'm off the topic here tut tut me.

I hope you get iMessage soon. You'll love it.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
I have to agree Africa's come along way in recent years. If you don't know those players you must know drogba, Africa's no 1 player. But hey I'm off the topic here tut tut me.

iHolophyte

Drogba rocks!

iHolophyte said:

iHolophyte

Just one more. Who knows okocha and Kanu and etoo. They are living legends. Thanks also bro hope I upgrade soon to enjoy imessanger. Still searching for other benefits of iOS 5.0.1 I'm currently running 4.3.3.