What's new

How do I transfer jpegs from my PC to my iPhone album?

adamajah

Reaction score
When I connect my iPhone4S via USB to my PC it appears as an external hard drive and I can copy pictures from the \DCIM directory, however I cannot paste pictures onto my iPhone.

A google search made it seem like I need a special app to do this.

Is this true, or is there a work-around (without jail-breaking)? If I need a 3rd party app or PC software, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
:photos:

Another great app is the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). Please note this is the app from the App Store, not the jail broke app from Cydia (this one has an "S" at the end).

Anyway.

With iFiles, you can set up the app to show up on your Windows PC as a networked drive, transfer via the web browser or transfer between devices. This transfer works for any file, not just pictures. If you have the app set up as a network drive, it is a simple drag 'n' drop action. And, it's two-way in that you can go from the PC to the phone and vice versa.

EDIT TO ADD: Once you get the file to the app on your phone, the app has an "Open In..." feature and a Save feature so you can, for example, save a photo to your Photo app or open a file in another app.

It's one of my favorite "get stuff back and forth apps. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Why not use the iCloud. You can then paste you pic in the upload folder on your PC and then it will be in your PhotoStream folder on your iPhone then you can save it to another folder. Can't get and easier than that.