What's new

How do I stop sharing between devices???

joecooool

Reaction score
My wife and I use the same itunes account. Since we updated to ISO 5 all her contacts are in my folder and all my appointments and reminders are showing up on her phone and ipad.

How do we turn this off?

joecooool said:
My wife and I use the same itunes account. Since we updated to ISO 5 all her contacts are in my folder and all my appointments and reminders are showing up on her phone and ipad.

How do we turn this off?

You can only stop the appt sharing if you create a separate id

You can only stop the appt sharing if you create a separate id
Well that sucks. Had I known that I wouldn't have updated to IOS 5. I can't believe I can't make information device specific.

How about all the other stuff. I'm getting her apps, contacts, music, etc.

Last edited:
joecooool said:
Well that sucks. Had I known that I wouldn't have updated to IOS 5. I can't believe I can't make information device specific.

How about all the other stuff. I'm getting her apps, contacts, music, etc.

You have iCloud set up...if you don't want the apps and music just go into settings>store and turn music and apps and music off. For her contacts settings>mail,calendars and contacts. Turn either one off on hers or yours

I had a similar issue when first moving to iOS 5. There is a way though to back up individual contacts etc to the cloud but continue to share purchases. Set each device up with a new @me.com ID. These will then be used for iCloud back ups only. Once this is done you can then go to the shop section of the settings menu and on both devices enter your historic iTunes ID.