What's new

How do I add music

Zapper

Reaction score
Hi there,

Sound like a dumb question, but I rebuilt my laptop recently and lost some of my music that had been put on my iphone on the old build.

Since new build I have added new track and both my wife and I dont wish to loss tracks from old library, but do want to add the new music.

Cannot drag and drop as you could with old ipod and dont want to create a playlist and resync the iphone, so what can I do as old music will be lost otherwise?

Thanks for all recieved help in advance

With iTunes you basically can't pull things off your phone / ipod that isnt in your library.

You will need to get the music off your device first. then create a new library and sync it across.

There are a bunch of apps and media players that support this. i use foobar, which is a media player that supports music management on the iphone and ipod.

I'm sure there are dedicated apps that just recover your music for you as well.

good luck!

Hi there,

Sound like a dumb question, but I rebuilt my laptop recently and lost some of my music that had been put on my iphone on the old build.

Since new build I have added new track and both my wife and I dont wish to loss tracks from old library, but do want to add the new music.

Cannot drag and drop as you could with old ipod and dont want to create a playlist and resync the iphone, so what can I do as old music will be lost otherwise?

Thanks for all recieved help in advance

I think that u are looking for diskAid or tuneAid. You can download them and use a full trial version for it and manage all your musics on your phone as if you were managing musics on USB disk, drag&drop cut/copy&paste etc... That tool is extremely handy and no need of itunes anymore. I advice u diskAid for generale managing your phone, and tuneAid is better for music. It doesn't matter you jailbreak or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond. Iwill give them a try....

:)