What's new

How can I save my iPhone 4S OS 5.0.1 9A405 shsh blob??

SAM76

Reaction score
Hi there I have iPhone 4s with OS 5.0.1 rev 9A405 that is not jailbroken yet
I would like to jailbreak it but before I do that I need to save my SHSH Blob so I have tried to use
TinyUmbrilla to save my shsh by pluging my iPhone on using USB and I clicked save shsh button but tinyumbrella did not save anything and now apple stopped signing firmware 5.0.1 after the release of the newest firmware 5.1 so this is what I am afraid to do:

I am afraid that after applying greenpois0n absinthe jailbreak and then later my phone's 5.0.1 firmware goes corrupt so can I open ITunes and hold shift and choose the downloaded restore firmware 5.0.1.ipsw to restore my iPhone to factory or apple going to push me to upgrade to the newest firmware which is OS 5.1???? If apple pushes me to upgrade the for sure I am not going to be able to reapply greenpois0n absinthe untetherd jailbreak sgain do can someone give me advise what to do?? Should I apply the absinthe jailbreak or not and if I did would I be able to restore to factory using the downloaded restore file 5.01.ipsw??

Looking for your input jailbreak expert.

Thanks

Unfortunately, because you did not attempt to save those SHSH blobs before Apple closed the signing window, you can't save them now.

However, that is a moot point anyway. SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 are no good right now for the 4S. If you upgrade to iOS 5.1 on your 4S, there is no way to go back to 5.0.1, ever.

But, you don't have to save SHSH blobs to jail break the 4S on iOS 5.0.1. Just download and run the Absinthe jail break tool appropriate for your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux). Do that and you can join the rest of us happily running a jail broken iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1.

Just be protective of your jail break (don't add any unvetted tweaks) and you'll be fine.

So, what are you waiting for? Jail break! :D

Marilyn

Thanks Mike however what i ment in my previous is if i jailbreak my 5.0.1 using the absinth jailbreak can i go restore the OS back to 5.0.1 in case one day the jailbreak got corrupted and i had to restore to factory OS which is OS 5.0.1.... or i apple would have to push me to upgrade my iphone to 5.1 in order to restore it?? remember my current OS 5.0.1 has no SHSH Blob saved and it is not stitched so i only have the restore file 5.0.1.ipsw file from apple its about 840 MB file size.

if my iphone goes corrupt after jailbreaking it or started to act stupidly can i fire iTune and hold shift key and choose my 5.0.1.ipsw restore file or it would not work and i have to upgrade to 5.1??

looking for your answer.

thanks

Thanks Mike however what i ment in my previous is if i jailbreak my 5.0.1 using the absinth jailbreak can i go restore the OS back to 5.0.1 in case one day the jailbreak got corrupted and i had to restore to factory OS which is OS 5.0.1.... or i apple would have to push me to upgrade my iphone to 5.1 in order to restore it?? remember my current OS 5.0.1 has no SHSH Blob saved and it is not stitched so i only have the restore file 5.0.1.ipsw file from apple its about 840 MB file size.

if my iphone goes corrupt after jailbreaking it or started to act stupidly can i fire iTune and hold shift key and choose my 5.0.1.ipsw restore file or it would not work and i have to upgrade to 5.1??

looking for your answer.

thanks

If you somehow messed up your jail break and had to go back to stock, no, you will not be able to put iOS 5.0.1 back on it. You will only be able to put the most current firmware back onto it, which, today, isiOS 5.1. You might as well "throw away" that 5.0.1 IPSW file, as it is no good to you any longer. Because, as far as Apple is concerned, the stock firmware is now 5.1. that's why all of us with jail broken 4S on iOS 5.0.1 have to be careful - there is no going back and no recovery to the old firmware.

SHSH blobs do not work for the 4S as they did for other phones. You upgrade to a different firmware, there is no going back; you restore your iPhone and remove the jail break, there is no going back.

Hope that clarifies better.

Marilyn

Oh that is a bad news then for all these people with jailbroken 4s !!!
Do you think someone like the dev team are working on something to over come that
Delima?? I red somewhere that the dev team is working on two things
A) jailbreak the bootrom sector in the iPhone so the can restore the phone with a special
Tool that does not need iTune to be used to reflash the phone again.
B) the are working on a software that can backup your iPhone as a whole including the current
OS on the phone just in case the OS Got missed up so you can restore from the backup.

I was not sure if either of the two are guaranteed and true except I red the in other forums
So have you heard about them or you know something else? Can you share your info??

Thanks

SAM76 said:
Oh that is a bad news then for all these people with jailbroken 4s !!!
Do you think someone like the dev team are working on something to over come that
Delima?? I red somewhere that the dev team is working on two things
A) jailbreak the bootrom sector in the iPhone so the can restore the phone with a special
Tool that does not need iTune to be used to reflash the phone again.
B) the are working on a software that can backup your iPhone as a whole including the current
OS on the phone just in case the OS Got missed up so you can restore from the backup.

I was not sure if either of the two are guaranteed and true except I red the in other forums
So have you heard about them or you know something else? Can you share your info??

Thanks

Yes. That is exactly true.

Always save your SHSH blobs in the future. They cannot be used now, but eventually, they will be used.

As soon as an iBoot Bootrom exploit is discovered for the A5 chip (iPhone 4S/iPad 2) then A5 devices will be as good as A4 devices, restoring to whichever firmware we have SHSH blobs for. It will be a wonderful time. Then the iPhone 5 will come out,,....... Then same dilemma with the people that decide to get the newest iPhone right away.

Which is why i bought the iPhone 4 instead of the 4S. I knew a jailbreak for it would be out, but I also knew the Devs were no where near discovering a Bootrom exploit. And I also knew that once the jailbreak came out that a new iOS would come out too. Causing me to not be able to experiment and play with things. I don't like that.

Some people waited for the jailbreak to come out to get the 4S. I'm waiting for a physical Bootrom exploit to be discovered. Then I will get the 4S.

And the iPhone 5. If I even want it (personally hope the look stays the same. Have not seen one concept design I liked. Not one.lol). Unlike most people I won't buy that just because a jailbreak is out... I'll get it when the Bootrom exploit is out.

As long as there is a Bootrom exploit it can always be used to enter PWNED DFU mode, which will in turn, allow downgrading. Along with different methods of jailbreaking.

No Bootrom exploit,....no thanks. I'll stick with the iPhone 4 for now.

Last edited: