What's new

Hi there new iphone user and need help

w3l54666

Reaction score
well hello there im a new iphone person.....

i have come to this site out of frustration and hoping that you could help me out.

i recently acquired an iphone 4. it went through the upgrade to ios7 but i cant activate it as its asking for the previous owners log in for itunes...

is there anyway for me to remove this? i cant contact the person i got it from as they have moved away.

i have put it in DFU mode and tried Shift+clicking restore on itunes to try and install different firm ware but still coming up with the same issues.

any help would be good

I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.*

In addition, this forum has a rule against bumping a post before 48 hours have passed without a response. We are an international forum and I'm sure many people haven't even see your issue in the two hours you gave before bumping. Please, have a bit of patience and wait for assistance. I am sure that if someone can help, they will be along to help. Thanks.

Marilyn

Erase the phone and set up your own iTunes account. You should be able to download the apps and iOS from scratch with your own ID

well hello there im a new iphone person..... i have come to this site out of frustration and hoping that you could help me out. i recently acquired an iphone 4. it went through the upgrade to ios7 but i cant activate it as its asking for the previous owners log in for itunes... is there anyway for me to remove this? i cant contact the person i got it from as they have moved away. i have put it in DFU mode and tried Shift+clicking restore on itunes to try and install different firm ware but still coming up with the same issues. any help would be good
Did the previous owner erase the iPhone before selling it to you?

scifan 57; iPhone Forums moderator

Is that you, VTR? If not, how about a Hello vid from you! Would be cool. Oh, and welcome, w3154....