What's new

Help with email

EyePhone4

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been looking around and I can't find the answer. I have a 5s w/ Verizon which, I can't get send out mail. At times it says server cannot connect? I've never had a problem with my email till I got this phone. If there's anyone with any thoughts, help I will appreciate it Ty..

Sent from 4s Tapatalk

Lets start with the basics.

1) Who is the email provider?

2) How are they setup (POP3 or IMAP)?

Lets start with the basics.

1) Who is the email provider?

2) How are they setup (POP3 or IMAP)?

My bad, it's Gmail and I believe it's IMAP(I'm guessing). Now I'm as far as receiving, it's not a problem just to send..

Sent from 4s Tapatalk

GMAIL disabled IMAP (AES ie Exchange protocol) email for anyone that upgraded their iOS or switched devices. This was a planned obsolescence, that you received an email on last year.

You will need to delete the GMAIL account and re-add it. And there is no way to get around this. Also be aware that the GMAIL protocol under the Mail app is FETCH only. You will have to switch to the gmail app from the app store if you want PUSH notifications.

So it was IMAP HA! not bad of a guess.. I had Exchange:For gmail account not the google mail. So use exchange like I was or use Google mail? To be honest about that email, i probably didn't read through it or missed it..

You have to use "Google" under Add Account now.

Your the "BOSS" Skull! I went ahead and set that ggofle account, everything is fine & dandy. TY you for you quick post and for help bro. See you around

You are too kind. Went thru the same growing pain Friday morning when I got my 5S. It actually took me a few minutes to remember the email and look it up in my archive.

Personally, I think Google has done themselves a great disservice. Especically considering that Android is the #1 OS on the planet. They should have worked with Apple to get their new protocol working under iOS so we can have push email service. And by doing so they would have shown that they will support their users on any platform. Which would make switching from iOS to Android a little more seemless. Sadly they don't have many forward thinkers in management.