What's new

iphone deleting email from server

lcattin

Reaction score
Everytime my 3gs downloads email it deletes it off the mail server. I cannot find a setting to leave email on the server. Can anyone tell me where the setting for this is located?

i think that you need to find that setting on your email setting on your computer, it's not in your phone. Your phone is behaving normally but your email box is behaving the way it was set to deal with mobile devices.

In the e-mail account settings on your phone, scroll down to the bottom to "Advanced." In there you'll see an option for "Delete from server." It should be set to "Never."

In the e-mail account settings on your phone, scroll down to the bottom to "Advanced." In there you'll see an option for "Delete from server." It should be set to "Never."

Can you upload some screen shot for a better understanding? That will be great.

Here you go:

Attachments

• $IMG_0109-resized.jpg
    $IMG_0109-resized.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 590
  • $IMG_0110-Resized.jpg
    $IMG_0110-Resized.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 596
  • $IMG_0111-Resized.jpg
    $IMG_0111-Resized.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 580
Can someone share the iPhone 5 pictures! I cant wait for the iPhone 5!!

This is an old subject now but i finally figured out what the problem was. There was no delete from server option in the phone account but then I saw that when originally set up that the email account was an exchange account. When I created another account as a pop3 account behold the delete from server option was there. Thanks for the help.

This does not work if you are forced to use inappropriate. When I was using pop3 yes but now everything is switched to imapband that option is not available. I am using a pop3 on my computer I'm not sure I understand why the iPhone is now imap. My wife iPhone4 was forced to go to imap four weeks ago my phone was forced to switch two weeks sgo