What's new

help with email

volvopete

Reaction score
i dont no wot happened but all was working well till today, all of a sudden i cannot get my mail it keeps coming up with - the user name or passwords for ''imap.gmail.com'' is incorrect, and no matter how i try i just can't get it right from the ''imap'' to my real address, can someone please help with this, i have the iphone and an ipod and get the same on both but on my laptop there is no problem at all with the mail ! ! ! ! HELP ! ! ! ! please....

Hmmmm.... interesting. I know that Gmail has to be configured just right for imap to work correctly. But if it works on your laptop, it should work likewise on the iPhone.

If I were you, I'd delete the account and then set it back up. OR.... if you have an iPhone "backup" saved in iTunes to a time when all worked well, you might want to restore back to that time.

Write back and tell us what happens to fix your problem.

See if you can figure out what has changed recently on your iphone, as EWyatt said if it is working on your laptop then you know your account is O.K. so perhaps you changed something that effected your mail settings, or wifi setting or something. Try restarting your iphone and iPod, and yeah try setting up the accounts again from scratch.

Pete, I've been fighting the same issue on my iphone 4 since day one. Gmail is my primary email account and it mixes with iphone like water mixes with oil. On almost a monthly basis I have to delete my gmail and exchange accounts from my phone, then run CAPTCHA as mentioned by Xrayeyes. Then I can reload exchange and gmail and life is good again for 3 to 4 weeks. All in all it's an easy fix, but it's also a pain.