What's new

Help updating 3GS

ok I was trying to update my 3gs 5.1.1 ,, I was following willer2 tutorial on downgrading ... I was trying to update to 6.1.6 at first ... but my cydia only goes to 6.1.3 anyway I went on ifaith found the blobs on that , the highest is the 6.1.3 .. I went on to ipsw open up 6.1.3 it ran an asked update BB I said no cause I use ultrasnow for my network an it said its restoring [no BB] an then it got to waiting on device ,, but nothing for awhile then it popped up saying error 2831 ... I know I have did something wrong ... can anyone tell me what im doing wrong... thanks an yes I am a noob

I've merged the two threads you started for this problem. Besides fragmenting the resulting conversation, multiple threads on the same topic are against our rules.

Hi can you help me out about updating or downgrading my 3GS .. I was on 5.1.1 fw 6.15.......... I was on iPhone forums following a tutorial from willer2 about downgrading ... I tried put 6.1.6 in ipsw an I kept getting error 2831...... So I asked for help an 3 days no1 has got back to me ... So I joined another forum an told some1 about the error . He said update in iTunes an then use red snow so I did but nothing... When I did it again with ipsw... So I write back no1 answered ... So I read as much as I could.. I download I faith an to see had I blobs on my cydia an I had 6.1.3 .. But when I tried that nothing .... In the end I selected manual ipsw put in the 6.0_ ipsw an it said this session will be using that 6.0_ ipsw.. I booted up an got that part done an then I jailbreaked got cydia on my phone .. But here's the problem ultrasnow won't work an p0six either what do I do... Have i lost my baseband .. Do I downgrade to 5.1.3 an will it work .. But then my apps will not work cause I need over 6 iso to use them .... Sorry for rambling on a bit but I'm a noob haven't a clue what this all means .. But can you help me out thanks

Willez2 I followed you tutorial and it got me no where ... Would of been nice if you could of helped me out . Once a day you could of check out seen did I get it done ... But no I had to try myself yes I'm a NOOB ..

Install TeamViewer8 onto your computer. Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 ahead of time if you haven't, and download the clean iPhone 3GS 6.1.6 IPSW linked above. When you're available, PM me your TeamViewer info and I'll remote access your computer to attempt to resolve the issue.

ultrasnow is not working do I have to go back down to 5.1.3 to get it working.. I have jailbreaked the phone but I can't get my network at all an I have a problem with my wifi it keeps disconnecting to.. I have no service