What's new

Help please , much appreciated i phone 4s help.

Jade

Reaction score
Hi, I have just upgraded to the white i phone 4s from the black i phone 4 and seem to be experiencing a problem.
I have put aps into different boxes i.e social, shopping,utilities etc.And when i tap my finger onto one of the boxes to open up the box to show me what aps are in that category box ,usually with the i phone 4 if i want to "click off" that box and get back onto the main menu.. i can just slide my finger over the screen and more a less automatically it takes me back onto the main menu.However with my i phone 4s it will not let me do this i have to tap the box again or press the round homescreen button.Which makes it slower.Any body else experienced this and know if my phone my be faulty or the new i phone 4s is just made this way?
Thanks in Advance
x

ALSO quick couple of less worrying things to ask but still important questions that Im hoping a couple of people may be able to answer.
1) On facebook with the i phone 4 you could click on a photo and have the option to save it to the camera roll. On the i phone 4s i find no option to do this, and the only option for me to do is take a snap by using the lock button and the homescreen button at the same time which is resulting in a lesser quality of picture taking it off that way.Any body no anything about this?

2)Placeholder: When i go onto facebook it shows a little box that says placeholder in the top right hand corner. When i click on it it does nothing? any ideas what it is for and why it doesnt do anything?

3)And lastly another facebook question.When i click onto a friends wall it gives me no option to write a wall post on there just message or call. Or at least i cannot find it anywhere on this new phone.It was always there on the iphone 4.Does any one understand why this is?

Thanks any help would be much appreciated.
x

Welcome to the forum! I have a 4S. The only folder I have is the stock Utilities folder. When I tap to open, the apps inside of the folder are displayed in a row. If I want to close the folder I simply tap below the apps and the folder closes.

I do not have a FB account so I'm not able to comment of that part of your post.

usually when you tap anywhere on the screen (outside of the opened folder) your tap will automatically close the open folder, also if you open a folder and press the home button once, it will close the opened folder.
The Facebook app got updated recently, so those might be some bugs you are experiencing, bugs which are purely related to the Facebook app and have nothing t do with the iPhone 4s. You might want to report those bugs by writing a review about it in the apps store.

mwhartman
Welcome to the forum! I have a 4S. The only folder I have is the stock Utilities folder. When I tap to open, the apps inside of the folder are displayed in a row. If I want to close the folder I simply tap below the apps and the folder closes.

I do not have a FB account so I'm not able to comment of that part of your post.

Hi, thank you. Yes i can do the same thing tap outside of the ap box to close the folder.However on my iphone 4 if i wanted to i could just gently brush my finger across like a swipe motion below or above the box and it would close ,quicker doing it this way. I am unsure if it is just my iphone 4s that does not do it this way or all are this way and i just need to do it the other ways. Does your iphone let you swipe to close?
Thanks in advance

hi thank you for the facebook tips@bab2010. I will delete this ap and install the latest facebook updated app see if that works!

On Facebook, once you are looking at a picture, you just need to tap the box icon at the top right part of the screen and it will bring up several menu items including save pic. With the swipe to close the folder question, I think it was changed in IOS5

Also on Facebook, to post on someone's wall just go to their page and look at the top. You will have to options, one to write a post and the other to share a pic.

mwhartman

Hi, thank you. Yes i can do the same thing tap outside of the ap box to close the folder.However on my iphone 4 if i wanted to i could just gently brush my finger across like a swipe motion below or above the box and it would close ,quicker doing it this way. I am unsure if it is just my iphone 4s that does not do it this way or all are this way and i just need to do it the other ways. Does your iphone let you swipe to close?
Thanks in advance
No, here i have to tap somewhere on the screen to close the folder, swiping doesn't work.