What's new

Help please lost contacts and calendar info

It's all back now thanks for your help. How do I prevent this happening again? Should I just use my computer to back up to iTunes ?

Regards the latest updates I've been loathed to update on my 4s as I've read people have problems after upgrading. What are your thoughts?

Make sure you have a most recent backup. You can use either iTunes or iCloud to backup your device.

Here's information about both methods, for comparison:
About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

My daughter uses my "old" iPad 2, which is also told to have problems with the new software. It's up to date (8.3), and she doesn't have any problems.

Additionally, with every update, the software gets better. There are bug fixes and new features that you'll miss when you stay at 7.1.2. One of the updates was created especially for iPhone 4s and iPad 2, so they're able to work with the new software without problems.

If you decide to update your device, use iTunes to do this. Don't do it over the air (Settings - General - Software Update).
After updating, reset your iPhone.

Thank you, perhaps I might be brave enough to update both iphone and ipad 3 - thanks again for your help.

It's all back now thanks for your help. How do I prevent this happening again? Should I just use my computer to back up to iTunes ?

Regards the latest updates I've been loathed to update on my 4s as I've read people have problems after upgrading. What are your thoughts?

Like any electronic device, it's not a question of if I need a backup it's really when you'll need a backup. Any electronic device is subject to fail at any given moment, usually at the most inconvenient time. Also your device can also be lost or stolen and having a recent backup will help prevent from losing things you want to keep like photos, music, or other important files.

I'd suggest that you make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes and backing up to your PC. Then you can take that backup file and put it on a USB drive, or upload it to an online storage site like DropBox. I also would recommend using the encrypt backup option as this will also include any passwords an app uses. Then when you do a restore with this backup your iOS device will be exactly as it was when the backup was made.

If you need any help in doing this, just let us know and we will be more than happy to help out.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I'm not sure where on the PC my phone backup file is. But our advice has been taken onboard. Thanks

Regarding latest version I don't have enough room to update without deleting a lot of my apps and photos.

If you can't update over the air (in Settings - General - Software Update), use iTunes to update your iPhone. You don't have to remove apps or photos.

Thanks my iphone says it cannot be installed as it requires at least 1.6gb storage.