What's new

help! iphone 4s wont sync after jailbreaking with pangu

cherished

Reaction score
hey, I just jail broke my phone with no issue and have yet to download a tweak or app, but now I cant sync my phone or add music

Does iTunes recognize your device being connected?

yes, it just wont sync and if i add music it just stays grey. how ever I found a youtube video on how to fix it and solved my issue by erasing my previous un jailbroken back up on itunes. ty for a response tho.

If you add music, what stays grey? and if you want to go back to a unjailbroken device you should "Restore from backup" on iTunes to get your phone back to iOS 8.0.2

If you add music, what stays grey? and if you want to go back to a unjailbroken device you should "Restore from backup" on iTunes to get your phone back to iOS 8.0.2

Restoring from backup does not change your firmware version....

Yes, it will to an extent. It will ask to update. Then once you click it, it will tell you the version it's installing. You cannot change the version, you are right but you can remove the jailbreak by installing the new update.

Yes, it will to an extent. It will ask to update. Then once you click it, it will tell you the version it's installing. You cannot change the version, you are right but you can remove the jailbreak by installing the new update.

Restoring from backup restores local data for most Apple apps and some AppStore app data, you're referring to Restoring the iOS firmware. Two completely separate features and outcomes.

This is your exact post.