What's new

Hello

bb8530

Reaction score
I'm new here and been thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone4. I read in ios5 jailbreak that it's a tethered reboot,dies this mean if I power phone down that I have to have pc to get it back up?
Thanks.

Yes, if your phone is turned off... goes dead... or reboots for any reason it has to be connected to a computer w/ iTunes and redsn0w to "Just Boot" the phone. Here's an good how-to in regards to this Jailbreak process. Only update that hasn't been made yet, is that the newest version of redsn0w will now recognize iOS 5.0.1. So, there's no need to point it at the 5.0 IPSW as the how-to states.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...-ios5-tethered-using-redsn0w-beginners-25943/

there is also a semi tethered jailbreak for ios 5 and a un tethered one on its way for ios 5 so if you can hold out then it might be worth it

there is also a semi tethered jailbreak for ios 5 and a un tethered one on its way for ios 5 so if you can hold out then it might be worth it
Yes, I did forget to add that there's a package you can install via Cydia (after Jailbreak w/ redsn0w) that makes it a Semi-Tethered Jailbreak. Also, the un-Tethered Jailbreak that Unleashed is refering to will be capable of Jailbreaking over the existing Tethered Jailbreak.

Thank you for the info. Think I'll wait for the untethered then.