What's new

Hello, I am new am coming from Android....

Rocko

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the 4S since it was announced and now have one on pre-order. I currently have a Droid X and while I like many aspects of it, certain bugs and glitches have driven me to the other side.

Does anyone know of any more good sites specifically for info on the 4S or blogs on the iPhone? Thanks and I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. ;)

Hi and welcome, Rocko. All you need for iPhone info, talk, etc., is right here!

G'day & welcome to the forum!!! :)

Welcome Rocko enjoy your stay dude.

I gave android 2 years. Between glitches and missed text messages I don't miss it. Welcome!

Welcome to IPF Rocko!! This is definitely the One-Stop-Shop for all your questions/needs regarding the 4S... or any generation iPhone for that matter. :)

Former Droid Xer here, too. Welcome!
Thanks everyone.

SingingSabre, did it take you long to adjust to the iPhone? The thing I am most worried about is the missing LED notifications the androids have.

Thanks everyone.

SingingSabre, did it take you long to adjust to the iPhone? The thing I am most worried about is the missing LED notifications the androids have.

Not really. I'm in a slightly different camp, though, because I've had an iPad for a few months. It's really easy to get used to, you're just going to have to change a few Android habits into iPhone habits. The reliability of the phone will trump everything, though.

What were your most used apps? I'm happy to give you recommendations to replace them.

I used CardioTrainer a lot on my Droid and miss it. I think I finally found a replacement for it.

As for navigation, pony up a dollar and you'll find MotionX GPS Drive which works just as well as Google Navigator.

Thanks everyone.

Im also a convert to iPhone from Android (Droid 1) and it took me all of about 10 minutes to get my iPhone completely setup and going the way I wanted it. Thats what I noticed right away with this phone, its very user friendly and simple to use and set up, everything just works together so seamlessly. One thing I do miss though is the LED notifications, that was a handy feature on my Droid but I will gladly give that up if it means Im also giving up the constant issues that was plaguing me with my Droid for the last 6 months or so that I used it.

Not really. I'm in a slightly different camp, though, because I've had an iPad for a few months. It's really easy to get used to, you're just going to have to change a few Android habits into iPhone habits. The reliability of the phone will trump everything, though.

What were your most used apps? I'm happy to give you recommendations to replace them.

I used CardioTrainer a lot on my Droid and miss it. I think I finally found a replacement for it.

As for navigation, pony up a dollar and you'll find MotionX GPS Drive which works just as well as Google Navigator.

Thanks. I do use Google Maps(for finding places and navigation) a lot. Also I use Gmail, Pulse and iheartradio.

Thanks. I do use Google Maps(for finding places and navigation) a lot. Also I use Gmail, Pulse and iheartradio.
Maps on iPhone is just as good. Navigation is lacking. I prefer MotionX GPS Drive as my navigator, but there are many others out there.

Mail on the iPhone is just as good as on the Droid, so just setting up a standard Gmail account should do you find there. Pulse and iheartradio, far as I know, have iPhone versions. :)

You should check out Instagram!

Maps on iPhone is just as good. Navigation is lacking. I prefer MotionX GPS Drive as my navigator, but there are many others out there.

Mail on the iPhone is just as good as on the Droid, so just setting up a standard Gmail account should do you find there. Pulse and iheartradio, far as I know, have iPhone versions. :)

You should check out Instagram!

Will do. Thanks for the info.