What's new

hello everyone

paulbertocchi

Reaction score
hey paul here hows everyone? have a problem with myiphone freezing on loading.been told its a shss blob problem,and that its a host file problem dont know much about any of those,going to do some research befor i post my problem.besides sshss,blob,and host file,is there anything else i should become familiar with befor i seek help?

Hi Paul!! What iPhone model do you have... iOS version... Baseband? So we can get a baseline of what state your iDevice is in... and be able to give you a solid starting point of fixing it.

ok ihave a verison iphone4 it had 4.2.6,i was doing a tutorial on youtube for a faster cydia i had to download ifile,safari download manager from insanelyi. i was in the middle of it when the door knocked when i got back my two year old had my phone and it was frozen on greenpois0n symbol i tried restore and update it appeared to compleet[this is why im no longer sure what i have now]but it didnt work,went right back to freeze.tried red snow showed pinnapple then want back to gp synbol,tried downloading ips file couldnt get the file to show in the box after hitting shift retore,tried tiny umbrella didnt help.ive been told its a hostfile prob,a sshs prob,and a blob problem, dont know if its relevent but when i tried tiny umbrella the reboot stopped on a screen saying unable to find gbdulist,fs_mount,fs_unmount,fs_loadfile. ps also tried rebreaking said unable to break

i know i shouldnt have downloaded ifile and sarari download manager,new to this i didnt stop to think of what i was doing i was so focused on fixing my problem that i just did what the tutorial said,free ifile and safari downloadmanager has hardly been worth the loss of my phone,i just want my phone working again.i wont make the samemistake again,will anyone help me please?

well thank u,at least someone will talk to me,got my new ipega case for my phone yesterday,now i just need to fix my phone!ha ha ha.i was getting pretty frustrated with the whole thingso im going to let it be broken for a while,in the mean time im still checking the site out trying to learn a little befor i try seeking help again.im trying to figure out why im getting a luke warm welcome.i had no idea piracy was such a polarized topic,seems like everyone is stongly on one side or the other,perhaps that is why im having a problem getting help. most people ive contacted dont respond.?what do you think?

Perhaps I can shed some light on your question "im trying to figure out why im getting a luke warm welcome.i had no idea piracy was such a polarized topic"

Our rules are very clear on piracy and how we view piracy. Here is a copy of Rule #15

15. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.

15.1 Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condones nor supports it in any way. Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating!

15.2. Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning. A second warning may lead to an immediate ban.

As an FYI the same rules apply on our sister forum (iPadForums) and I believe one of your threads on that forum was closed because it discussed pirated apps.

I suggest that you take the advice offered on the closed thread and remove the pirated iFile and start over.

I hope this clarifies our views and standards.

Mike

thanks mike and not to worry there wont be second offense,i should have read the rules more closely i understood that how to or promoting discusions were a no no,but i didnt think talking about them causing you trouble would be a problem now i know better. i dont think i desrve to be judged so harshly,i dont know jack about this stuff i dont even own a cell phone,idont know anyone else who has a i anything,my friendwanted to use my three wheeler i took his phone as collateral he broke it and entill he fixs it hes not going to get it back,and im hoping he dosent, i dont find much time to use my wheeler now that im a stay at home dad of two,but i use his phone all the time! i was just trying to fix my problem and thats how youtube told my to,im done appologizing for it,anyone who wants to shun me can have at it,and to those who dont i say thanks,for the record ive fixed my phone ive rejailbroken and it and i dont and wont be having anything on it i havent paid for.

I appreciate your understanding. If you stick with the legitimate repos in Cydia you will not have any issues with your phone. If you should encounter an issue or have any "how to questions" the community will be here to assist.

Enjoy your phone and time with us.

Mike

paulbertocchi said:
thanks mike and not to worry there wont be second offense,i should have read the rules more closely i understood that how to or promoting discusions were a no no,but i didnt think talking about them causing you trouble would be a problem now i know better. i dont think i desrve to be judged so harshly,i dont know jack about this stuff i dont even own a cell phone,idont know anyone else who has a i anything,my friendwanted to use my three wheeler i took his phone as collateral he broke it and entill he fixs it hes not going to get it back,and im hoping he dosent, i dont find much time to use my wheeler now that im a stay at home dad of two,but i use his phone all the time! i was just trying to fix my problem and thats how youtube told my to,im done appologizing for it,anyone who wants to shun me can have at it,and to those who dont i say thanks,for the record ive fixed my phone ive rejailbroken and it and i dont and wont be having anything on it i havent paid for.

mwhartman said:
I appreciate your understanding. If you stick with the legitimate repos in Cydia you will not have any issues with your phone. If you should encounter an issue or have any "how to questions" the community will be here to assist.

Enjoy your phone and time with us.

Mike

This case is actually pretty rare for us. Most of the time, if it looks like piracy, it is piracy. It's clear that you were following directions that led you into trouble, and didn't actually intend to steal anything.

Since we don't just talk the talk on these forums, we will be pleased to try to help with any future problems you may encounter.

Welcome to the forum. We are here to help, and are actually quite a friendly bunch.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net