What's new

Health app problem

pixstone

Reaction score
I recently bought an iPhone 5c and run 8.1.2. The health app does not record any data like how many steps I take I a day. What do I need to do to set this up? I read that I may need a separate fitness app to sync with the health app, and if so which app should I use thanks

You're right about needing a separate fitness app that'll sync with the Health app, which is intended as a central location for all health and fitness data.

I recently bought an iPhone 5c and run 8.1.2. The health app does not record any data like how many steps I take I a day. What do I need to do to set this up? I read that I may need a separate fitness app to sync with the health app, and if so which app should I use thanks
The only I phones that work as is with the health app and record steps are the 5s, 6, and 6+. The is because these phones have the M7 (iPhone 5s) and M8 (6 and 6+) motion chips in them that the health app uses for detecting steps taken. For any other iPhone you need an app like Argus or Map My Walk that will sync its steps with the health app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There are several great fitness apps for ios.
You can try some of these free apps:

1) Myfitnesspal
2) Yummly
3) Fitnet