What's new

Headphone jack acting up

Tricon7

Reaction score
My earbud headphones suddenly stopped working when I would plug them into my iPhone 4. I thought since they were only ten bucks, they had gone bad. But then when I wanted use my expensive headphones (which I sometimes do for better sound quality), I noticed that I was only getting sound/music out of only one side. I doubt this is a coincidence. Would there be a reason why this might happen? I don't know of any setting that might affect this.

If you are not sure about the settings regarding the audio, the try to reset all settings, from there you can make sure that it's not an issue related with the settings.

If you are not sure about the settings regarding the audio, the try to reset all settings, from there you can make sure that it's not an issue related with the settings.

I'm not aware of any setting which would affect the headphone jack. The Sounds settings all refer to the ringer and keyboard, as far as I can tell.

I'm not aware of any setting which would affect the headphone jack. The Sounds settings all refer to the ringer and keyboard, as far as I can tell.

No no. There are settings in there which are capable of affecting the headphone jack eg settings> general> accessibility> hearing "custom vibrations", "LED Flash for alerts", "mono audio", "L---------R"
Also there are some other settings affecting the headphone at other places.

No no. There are settings in there which are capable of affecting the headphone jack eg settings> general> accessibility> hearing "custom vibrations", "LED Flash for alerts", "mono audio", "L---------R"
Also there are some other settings affecting the headphone at other places.

If I reset all settings, it's not going to erase my Contacts, affect my music, photos, or anything like that, will it?

I found the problem. Both headphone cables are frayed to where I can see the copper wire inside. I suspect my cat. :>((