What's new

Had to restore laptop now all music etc is only on phone & not in iTunes

Craig-s

Reaction score
Please,please help. I know this may have been asked before,but I am now at my wits end.
I had to restore my laptop due to a severe virus,and being me,I completely forgot about my iTunes,now I have installed iTunes and logged in,and to no surprise there is nothing there :-(
So all my music,video etc is still on my phone.....
Now I have had "a google" about,but it really is all Greek to me,I am scared to plug my phone in just in case I lose absolutely everything !!!.....
Now I am not too bad around a laptop but I also suffer with MS so my phone and music is a big part of my life,so is there a way to get everything that is on my phone now back into my iTunes ( where it all was to start ) ??. Like previously mentioned I'm not too bad around software etc but if it really is all to complicated will I really have to start all over again ??..
Thanks in anticipation ...
Craig .....

To start, was all your music/stuff purchased thru iTunes or did it come from CDs and other services as well?

Anything that was purchased from iTunes can be downloaded into your library by logging into the iTunes Store on your laptop and clicking purchases. It'll bring you to a screen that will show all purchases with the option to show only those "not on this computer". That will fix the already purchased stuff.

For ripped CDs and music bought from other services (Google, Amazon, etc.) you'll need to re-rip them and re-download from the other services and import them to your iTunes library.

There may be a way to pull the existing stuff off the phone, but I'm not experienced enough to know how to do that.

I would agree with the above, I too lost my music from iTunes just recently, The music i had bought on Google Play was able to be re-downloaded and went immediately back into iTunes with no problem so you should find the process easy.

Thank-you for the prompt replies,unfortunately I had over 550 songs from CD's and downloads from "other" music sites and not iTunes :)
I have googled and seen software you can purchase that "claims" to be able to transfer your music from your iphone back into iTunes but I am just very cautious of such claims hence I wanted thoughts on here

There is a free program to download that transfers songs from your iPhone to iTunes but it's only for Macs. For Windows you can try a couple of free trials offered by similar programs that will let you transfer around 100 songs per time for free. After that you'll need to actually make the purchase in order to transfer all your songs. They are good reliable programs and virus free.

I would agree with the above, I too lost my music from iTunes just recently, The music i had bought on Google Play was able to be re-downloaded and went immediately back into iTunes with no problem so you should find the process easy.

Hopefully it would be as easy as u said .