What's new

Got this weird message today

plzhelpmexoxo

Reaction score
I was driving down the road while listening to youtube today and I got this weird message: "cannot verify server identity of "carddav.address.yahoo.com" or something similar. I have no idea what it meant so I pushed "cancel", what happened? i use yahoo mail, you guys don't think someone tried to hack my iphone?

"Hacking your phone" requires your iPhone to be physically in someone else's possession. So, that's pretty easy to rule out.

Was it a message that popped up on the screen... or an audible message?

"Hacking your phone" requires your iPhone to be physically in someone else's possession. So, that's pretty easy to rule out.

Was it a message that popped up on the screen... or an audible message?
It was a message that popped up, I could push continue or cancel. Also, I am running ios 5 not the latest because i don't have a wifi.

Also, I am worried about someone somehow spoofing a connection or something.

You were not being hacked. It was a failed DNS look up probably due to a bad packet while switching towers. Odds are your YouTube video was hogging all the bandwidth at the time. Going to guess you were just fine on the next refresh and didn't see the message again.

Spoofing what connection? If you we're in your car & only using wireless data from your cell provider... it's just not possible.
Okay that makes me feel better. Also, does using an out dated ios pose a security risk?

Odds are your YouTube video was hogging all the bandwidth at the time.
But the video was fully streamed at the time. :)

Then it was simply a bad tower hand off. Not unheard of even with LTE.