What's new

Gonna be getting an iPhone

cjordan

Reaction score
Well Im jumping ship... Leaving Android and gonna be getting my first iPhone. Will be on VZW I hope its worth it...

Any must have apps?

Thanks,
CJ

Well Im jumping ship... Leaving Android and gonna be getting my first iPhone. Will be on VZW I hope its worth it...

Any must have apps?

Thanks,
CJ

I only had mine for 3 days so far. I suggest using Waze for navigation. Your gonna miss Google Nav, that's for sure.
And if you text to groups, then Group SMS will be good too.

I agree. Nav with voice directions is a must. I'm using Mapquest for that. You're gonna love how responsive it is. Why no 4G I don't know. 3G is a little slow. I also miss a podcast download & play utility. Have to sync with computer on iTunes, which is cumbersome at best.

you guys are not doing very good at helping me come over... It is betweent the Rezound and the iPhone 4s. I use gopro for sms I hope there is something as good as that. I know that I will miss my live weather bug wallpaper.

Grab an iPhone4s and come on over!!!!

Also,welcome to the site! :)

I switched late last month. No regrets! All my email in one app. When I boot I have email within 30 sec or less. The call quality is fantastic. The screen is beautiful. Admittedly, Google Nav is superior, however, I have a GPS inb my RX so I'm OK. Siri is a very very nice feature

It just works and works well!

The nav is not that big a deal for me as I use a gps. it is nice to have a map to look at every once in a wile. What about flash? Are they still not putting flash on them for internet?
And I guess Im gonna have to wait to do wireless teather like I am now on my rooted Dinc. That is really the biggest thing for me is not having wireless teather.

Well, Adobe removed Flash from all mobile devices so that should not be an issue. My Android was rooted so wireless tether was an option. I've not jail broken my iPhone so I can not address. The iPhone does have a built in "hot spot" but I believe there is a fee.

I made the move from an EVO 4G to an iPhone 4S last month. Although I do miss the bigger screen and the cool kickstand, I'm totally happy with my decision. The iPhone is a quality piece of hardware that's very reliable, snappy and easy as heck to use. No integrated nav, which is something good about Android but that can be alleviated with a good GPS/navigation app (I use Motion X, one of the very best out there). For just basic viewing maps, finding stuff, getting directions, etc. the integrated Maps app uses Google maps and is pretty nice. The iPhone 4S has a gorgeous screen and, to my surprise, is a better antenna performer than the EVO (I'm on Sprint and I live in a rural area). Siri is nice and it DOES come in very handy (it's not perfect, but it's in Beta and should improve soon). The camera (still and video) is the best of any on a smartphone.

Oh, and if you have an iPad, you can use the same universal and iPhone/iPod apps on both devices, save some dough on app purchases. You already know about the massive App Store.

Another reason to come over to the Dark Side: Google has issues supporting their OS and hardware as well as vetting apps. My EVO is just over a year old and it will NOT be getting Ice Cream Sandwich. That's it. It's stuck on Froyo and will likely see no further significant updates. Weak. Whereas, Apple STILL supports and updates even the iPhone 3GS, fer cryin' out loud.

And....Apple customer service is A#1. I am blown away by how nice they have been to me, how often they've helped me-no questions asked-and how much they stand behind their products. And this is coming from a dyed-in-the-wool PC guy who used to hate Apple. So WHAT if they have a walled garden? Their stuff just flat-out WORKS and it works very well. Apple may be a lot of things, but janky and snotty, they ain't.

Oh, and you can disable Carrier IQ on an iOS device. With Android, it's always on and there's nothing you can do about it.

The iPhone, like the iPad, may not be perfect but it's a far more mature, polished product than Android stuff. There's too much upside not to switch.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

you guys are not doing very good at helping me come over... It is betweent the Rezound and the iPhone 4s. I use gopro for sms I hope there is something as good as that. I know that I will miss my live weather bug wallpaper.

Google Maps is integrated in the iphone, it is just lacking some options it has has in the Android Version. But still works well. I'm hoping that one Google will all the GoogleNav feature to be included. As of now, Android exclusive. :-( I'm going to stick with it and buy a TBolt as a 3rd device. (For my flashing addiction)

I think I created the wrong impression with my comments. Yes, I emphatically recommend the 4s. Its much faster than my Droid ... That was the biggest motivation for me. Since Apple maintains a closed system, they can fine tune the hardware and software to maximize performance. IMO they've succeeded. Android has literally hundreds of versions of their OS in the field and as a result they can't do any real optimization. There's also the IOS cross platform interoperability (Apple TV & AirPlay for example) to be considered. I'm very satisfied with my purchase even tho I'm still struggling a little with the differences between iOS and Android.

I agree about google nav however of u have some money you can buy a gps software and I have waze, sound-garden? Recognizes the music and gives me lyric!
I live path klip favebooj twitter on n on

cjordan said:

I love n prefer iPhone, my husband has android and those widgets just drain drain battery?'!