What's new

Gmail

nehart

Reaction score
I added my gmail account to my iPhone settings under email accounts. Can anyone tell me how to auto save my sent mail for gmail? I van get Draft and Trash but not Sent.

Actually, I did have my account set up as an exchange server as iFrog suggested. I had changed from one gmail account to another and just went into settings and changed the IDs. Thanks to iFrog's suggestion, I decided to revisit my settings and found that the primary outgoing stmp server was still set to my old account. After I corrected that, I started getting my Sent Mail when sent via my iPhone.

Thanks to all replies.

Cool glad that thinks are going better for you now!

Sometimes with email problems is better to remove the account and start again.

Yep. That's what I ended up doing.

I've subscribed to this thread because my employer has decided to migrate from Lotus Notes to Google Apps in a couple of months. My personal email is a yahoo account, but I'll want to be able to access my new gmail account as well.

This brings to mind another question. Is it possible to access multiple calendars on the iPhone?

DaytonAnnie said:
I've subscribed to this thread because my employer has decided to migrate from Lotus Notes to Google Apps in a couple of months. My personal email is a yahoo account, but I'll want to be able to access my new gmail account as well.

This brings to mind another question. Is it possible to access multiple calendars on the iPhone?

What a coincident. My company is switching from Lotus to Gmail as in a couple months as well. I'm in the Dayton area.

In response to your question, I can access my phone calendar and my email calendars but not at the same time. If I am wrong on that I hope someone will correct me. I have never lost entries when switching from one to the other.

DaytonAnnie said:

Yes, I have 3 different calendars on my iPhone and iPad. Just follow the instructions at the end of the link in posted before. Basically you have to go to m.google.com from the idevice and activate the calendars you want to enable,

They all show up at the same time with no problem at all.