What's new

Getting rid of the bubbles in messaging?

Edtek

Reaction score
I absolutely hate the bubbles in the messaging app, even when using BiteSMS.

Is there anything that will/can change them to way Android or Blackberry does the messaging? Just threaded view, nothing special..

You could replace the "Balloon_1, Balloon_2, Balloon_Blue" files from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Chatkit.framework with empty transparent pngs.

I haven't tried this, but I want to help , just try this: Handcent SMS(for iPhone) is a powerful, customizable and free SMS/MMS app that fully unleashes the messaging potential of your iPhone. Handcent SMS features optional online integration with My Handcent Online account allowing users to circumvent the limitations of iOS and wireless carriers. As well as all the features of the built-in Messaging app, Handcent SMS has some great extra features: popup notifications, cross platform emoji support, customized user interface and enhance MMS service. More new features coming soon!

I had no idea that Handcent was available for the iPhone as when I looked it was not in the appstore. I see you need to have jb phone to get it from Cydia.

Thanks for the info, I loved Handcent when I had an Android phone. Installing now :)

You could replace the "Balloon_1, Balloon_2, Balloon_Blue" files from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Chatkit.framework with empty transparent pngs.

I had tried that before, but it made my screen wonky at times. I no idea why, but thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

I just use carbonx pro winterboard theme, has a couple of options to change the bubbles. I use the one called SMS CLEAN. looks like this. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338572348.408482.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338572360.843479.jpg