What's new

Found iPhone

Ange1schild

Reaction score
Hi everyone so I live in a rooming house and I do all the cleaning and maintenance for my landlord on of the previous tenants had the fbi here looking for him and the guy grabbed a couple bags of clothes and fled. after months of not coming back and the landlord unable to get a hold of him the landlord gave me the keys and told me to go in there and clean everything out so one of the many things I found was a white iPhone in great condition I believe it's a 4 it changed and turned on it was on the set up page I put my WiFi code in but now I'm stuck and can't go any further because it's saying this iPhone is linked to an apple i.d. and the the owner used find my iPhone it also says if you given this device or purchased it second hand that u will need to contact the original owner to have them remove this device from their account but I don't know who the owner is it might not even be the guy who room it was in and even if so he's long gone so what can I do? Is there anyway I can get around this? Will doing a hard reset work? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank u :)

Hi everyone so I live in a rooming house and I do all the cleaning and maintenance for my landlord on of the previous tenants had the fbi here looking for him and the guy grabbed a couple bags of clothes and fled. after months of not coming back and the landlord unable to get a hold of him the landlord gave me the keys and told me to go in there and clean everything out so one of the many things I found was a white iPhone in great condition I believe it's a 4 it changed and turned on it was on the set up page I put my WiFi code in but now I'm stuck and can't go any further because it's saying this iPhone is linked to an apple i.d. and the the owner used find my iPhone it also says if you given this device or purchased it second hand that u will need to contact the original owner to have them remove this device from their account but I don't know who the owner is it might not even be the guy who room it was in and even if so he's long gone so what can I do? Is there anyway I can get around this? Will doing a hard reset work? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank u :)
There's no way to get around the requirement for the original owner's Apple ID and password. If you find any sites on the internet that say they can bypass Activation Lock, they're scammers. iCloud activation lock is intended to make list or stolen iPhones unusable.

No, you can't get round it. The iPhone needs the original owner's Apple ID and password.

What you should do is hand the phone in to the nearest police station.

I've got a feeling that our angel child knew this already, and she is no Angel.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.