What's new

Found CDMA iPhone (cell number ending 8407)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundiphone

Reaction score
Found Verizon CDMA black iPhone in Barcelona, Spain on 5th July 2012.Cell number ends 8407. If you have lost a black iPhone, please message me or reply with: 1) Your first name, 2) Your lock screen background and 3) Where you think you may have lost it. We are very interested in getting this iPhone returned to its rightful owner and our local police are very unhelpful.

please don't duplicate posts,one post per issue,thank you.

Can you use this phone? If so why not call the last number called? I have done this before. Called and said I found phone and where they could go to get it back. If not please Notify Verizon.

The phone is password locked and does not appear to have any network connections so I cannot call 'Home' or anything. I have emailed Verizon's customer service with the phone's number but have so far had no reply... I am thinking of handing it in to the local Apple Store but am slightly wary as it doesn't appear to be from this country (no CDMA where we are!) and I do not want them to trash it after a week like our police said they would. Any more ideas? Thank you for your help!

I am curious how you got the phone number if the phone is Pass Code Locked? Is it on a delay? If so, find a contact and e-mail someone that might know the owner. Or go into Location services>messages>Receive at and send a message to the person through their apple id.

When you find a locked phone but still connected to the carrier press and hold the home button until voice control comes on. Tell the phone to call home or mom or dad. Most people will label their home phone, "home" and the same with parents

Thank you for your help, the problem is now mainly resolved! Verizon emailed saying they are able to return it to the owner and are mailing me a return shipment package. I found the number by taking it into the Apple store in La Maquinista so not sure exactly how they did it but that was the only information they could find (I think, I don't speak Catalan at all). Thank you for all your help.

thats great that you did that and the owner will get their phone back,as the problem is now resolved i will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.