What's new

forget passcode iphone 4s

shahed bin yousuf

Reaction score
i forget passcode.when i connecte with pc,showing update & restore.i click that,downloading strat.several minute it stop.showing (THE IPHONE "COULD NOT BE UPDATE".AN UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED).what can i do.please help me.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, the one you have to enter when you wake it, you have to erase your device. There are two ways to get this done:

You can use iTunes on your computer. Put your iPhone into recovery mode and restore it. Here are the instructions:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If Find my iPhone is enabled for iCloud, you can also erase it via iCloud. Open www.icloud.com/find in a browser on your computer. Click All Devices at the top, then select your iPhone. Choose Erase.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, the one you have to enter when you wake it, you have to erase your device. There are two ways to get this done:

You can use iTunes on your computer. Put your iPhone into recovery mode and restore it. Here are the instructions:
If Find my iPhone is enabled for iCloud, you can also erase it via iCloud. Open www.icloud.com/find in a browser on your computer. Click All Devices at the top, then select your iPhone. Choose Erase.
Welcome to iPhoneForums!

can't work it.