What's new

Forerunner for the Iphone.

sony007

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting myself a Forerunner 305 then I realize my Iphone, sorry my JB Iphone
thefinger.gif
should be able to to do the same thing as the forerunner using the right app. What is the best app to use when running to measure heart rate/ distance as well as any other useful stuff ? Also if there are any runners on here what are the best straps or supports to hold your Iphone whilst running?

Thanks
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

I use Endomondo. It's pretty sweet, does stuff that the Garmin Forerunner does like map your route, time, distance, speed, mile splits, etc. You can connect a strap for your heart rate, too. Every mile it will mute your music to tell you the overall time, and the last mile time. Then it automatically uploads your workouts to endomondo.com so you can track your progress, see your personal bests, etc. It keeps a complete workout log with a calendar, year to date miles, times, etc. It's not just for running, I use it mountain biking and hiking too. You can even compete against other people on the site...and your friends can enter peptalks for while you're running. Best part is, it's free.

ETA* It even tells you how many trips to the moon and trips around the world you've gone...and how many burgers you've burned off :)

Last edited:
What heart rate strape is comaptible with the Iphone 4 Rynamite? , I've seen the Polar Wearlink Nike+ Transmitter Belt but this only appears to be compatible with the Ipod Nano for some reason.