What's new

Fingerprint not working

Moparherb

Reaction score
I know that in Central New York the weather is cold and the air very dry, so you need lotion to keep your hands soft, but this is crazy. Seems as I have to relearn the phone my finger print at least once or twice a week. My phone is a 6S. Is this a known issue or is my fingerprint changing that often?

It could very well be the lotion that's interfering with the Touch ID on your iPhone. Touch ID should not have to be set up multiple times as you've had to do.

I know that in Central New York the weather is cold and the air very dry, so you need lotion to keep your hands soft, but this is crazy. Seems as I have to relearn the phone my finger print at least once or twice a week. My phone is a 6S. Is this a known issue or is my fingerprint changing that often?

There is a company that sells special gloves for just such situations. You could also cut a slot in your thumb on your glove and poke it out. Easy

Remember, you can create more than just one print. Doing two from each hand may get you in easier.

It may also be helpful to make more than one copy of the same finger