What's new

Find out IP address from iMessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exside

Reaction score
My sociopath ex is impersonating an old teacher of mine (sending emails in the old teacher's name etc). I believe he's sending these emails to my Yahoo account through his new iPhone. I would like to prove that it's him. Here's my question: I have the IP address of the emails, and I want to match it to his iPhone iMessages that he sent (with his real name on them)--is there a way to get the IP address from an iMessage?

Thanks very much.

You can't match IP addresses off of iMessages because they're not logged. Secondly, iMessages has top-level encryption that even the feds have a hard time getting through to if at all.

It is nearly impossible for normal guy to decrypt iMessage data, because Apple is taking the security seriously. However, some jailbreak hackers hacked the service in the past and reveal IP-Adresses.

Ok so go to terminal and write (sudo tcpdump) and your window will be flooded with every ip and some other codes and packages interacting with your device so you need to be in a call or in iMessages spamming them so it keeps popping up, on iMac for it to work.
Copy the number or code you think is corresponding to the persons ip and go to another terminal window and write (ping) then the numbers or address you think is corresponding with them (if it pops up in terminal when your in a call with the person or are texting them its probably there's). And the number it gives out after will be that persons ip. Make sure you are in a call or iMessage to make sure its not just some random number in terminal corresponding with something else!

Oh and you have to be an admin for the super user do (sudo) command to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.