What's new

Favorite Tweak - HTC Animated Weather - Gone But Not Forgotten

jimt29

Reaction score
I'm missing my favorite tweak - HTC Animated Weather. Just when I got it working exactly like I wanted I upgraded to IOS 7.04.

$iphone htc animated.jpg

Sure would like to be able to have it for IOS 7. Anybody know if there is an IOS 7 version available?

You can try Clima iWidget. I don't believe it's animated, but it's a weather widget that's not Dreamboard based that you can use to incorporate into any of your custom themes or any readily made iOS 7 themes.

Now that Winterboard has been updated for IOS 7, is there any hope for a widget/theme/app that will be like the HTC Animated Weather?

It really is a nice addition for the iPhone.

It's possible. You just need to tweak the old iOS 6 one a little and it should be working fine. No need for an overhaul

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Neither a programmer nor a tweaker be I.

Plus the HTC Animated Weather widget was activated by PerPage which is not working for IOS 7 yet.

Install the package iWidgets from Cydia and choose HTC as your overlay option. It looks similar to what you're looking for

Install the package iWidgets from Cydia and choose HTC as your overlay option. It looks similar to what you're looking for

I did a search for iwidgets and there are 2. I installed both. Can't find where HTC overlay option is though. Did a HTC search and there are a few choices though but I don't know which one is the one your are suggesting.

iWidgets from the MMI repo by eldwin. I don't particularly use widgets on my springboard, but from the screenshots, it allows for an HTC option, which I suppose triggers an HTML layout for an HTC like weather/clock widget like that in the screenshot.

iWidgets from the MMI repo by eldwin. I don't particularly use widgets on my springboard, but from the screenshots, it allows for an HTC option, which I suppose triggers an HTML layout for an HTC like weather/clock widget like that in the screenshot.

Did a add MMIrepo.com but just got a bunch of errors. Tried mmi.com/repo and got nothing.

MMI = ModMyi? I never new that.

There is NOTHING there that is named HTC. There are others things that are HTC this and that and I tried them all but not one of them appears as an available widget.

Have you even tried any of the things you give advise on?

No disrespect but while I truly appreciate you stepping up to help, you leave a lot of information out of your suggestions that add confusion to my already confused state.

The package itself is called "iWidgets", not "HTC iWidgets" or any variation of it. If you open it up in Settings.app, there's an option on the list called HTC

iPhone crashed. Had to restore back to no jailbreak. I know you really are trying to help me. I appreciate it but you have been feeding me little bits of info and with my little knowledge of the jailbreaking scene, I feel like I'm drowning in disinformation. Don't stop. But perhaps you could assume I don't know what you know and provide directions that are complete.

Jim

The package itself is called "iWidgets", not "HTC iWidgets" or any variation of it. If you open it up in Settings.app, there's an option on the list called HTC

Re-did the jailbreak. Installed IWidgets. In Settings there is no IWidgets. Just CCControl has settings available. I don't know what Settings.app is.

Still hoping for a Simple, easy way to have a weather widget on my iPhone. I have IWidget but the only selections are an AnalogClock and a Calendar. I've searched but can't find a simple way to get other widgets to show up in IWidget.

I've also tried Winterboard and Perpage and all the HTC Animated Weather Widgets but nothing works. I probably am doing something wrong and thats why I stress "simple".

I gotta believe there is something out there but being directed to 300+ pages of stuff that might or might not work is a bit overwhelming.