What's new

Fake Apple Emails

Another classic scam is the Kubota tractor scam, involving the sale of a non existent vehicle, with payment through Western Union.

Another classic scam is the Kubota tractor scam, involving the sale of a non existent vehicle, with payment through Western Union.
Well, I would immediately trash any email from a stranger that involved the sale of any item. That has scam written all over it.

Popular venues for the Kubota tractor scam include eBay and Craigslist. A few years ago, when I was the top responder in the eBay Canada answer centre, I had to tell a member that the $10,000 that he paid for a car was lost forever and that the car, in fact, never existed. It's no fun having to do that, but it's necessary.

Popular venues for the Kubota tractor scam include eBay and Craigslist. A few years ago, when I was the top responder in the eBay Canada answer centre, I had to tell a member that the $10,000 that he paid for a car was lost forever and that the car, in fact, never existed. It's no fun having to do that, but it's necessary.
Thats an awful thing to have to tell someone.

I would get phone calls as well from them and I try mess them around and waste their time by making the person believe I am being scammed.

Imagine the thousands that fall for it though, hopefully the word of mouth will help put a halt to it as it's been going on for too long