What's new

Facetime?

Ampress

Reaction score
Why doesn't FaceTime show up on my iPhone 4S? Isn't it a default Apple app? It's not available on the App Store either.

Why doesn't FaceTime show up on my iPhone 4S? Isn't it a default Apple app? It's not available on the App Store either.
it's my second 4s and is running 6.1.3. My phone with 7.0.3 has FaceTime

iOS 6 pushed Facetime into your contact's profile in either your Contacts.app or Phone.app. Tapping on the contact, then you should see "Facetime". In iOS 7, it's an independent app again, just like iOS 5.

iOS 6 pushed Facetime into your contact's profile in either your Contacts.app or Phone.app. Tapping on the contact, then you should see "Facetime". In iOS 7, it's an independent app again, just like iOS 5.

Thanks, checked out each contact too but no luck. Turns out this phone was first purchased in the Middle East.

It should come out something like this.

mRG79LS.png

Make sure Facetime is turned on, and that you're logged in

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 561
It should come out something like this. Make sure Facetime is turned on, and that you're logged in

This is what my 6.1.3 phone shows for any contact.

Question- how does one start FaceTime or login when there's no FT app?

Attachments

• $image-3314442359.jpg
    $image-3314442359.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 577
If your iPhone was originally purchased in the Middle East, in a country where FaceTime is banned, you won 't be able to add FaceTime to your iPhone. iPhones sold in these countries have no FaceTime app and there is no way to add it as it is not available in the AppStore.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I have gathered. I'm stuck I guess.

Hi my son has been given an iPhone 4 by his cousin phone is working great except for FaceTime (which works fine on his iPad )when I FaceTime him it rings on iPad but not on phone even when I switch iPad off it won't connect on phone is there a conflict of address thanks

Which iOS version is the iPhone 4 on? If you go to Settings>General>Restrictions>FaceTime is FaceTime turned on?