What's new

Facetime would be some much better

iCrank

Reaction score
I just had a random thought. I just tried to FaceTime a friend without any answer. I think it would be good if we could leave FaceTime messages. It will also be cool if apple opened it up to every smartphone.

I'm sure that your friend you receive a notification about the missed face time when he on his device. As for apple making it available on other smartphones, I doubt it will ever happen.

You get a missed call alert for missing a FaceTime call just like you would for a normal missed call.

FaceTime will always be exclusive to apple devices. If you want to video call other smartphones from your iPhone try tango. It works with any phone tango is installed on, also works over 3G...

gaz6076 said:
You get a missed call alert for missing a FaceTime call just like you would for a normal missed call.

FaceTime will always be exclusive to apple devices. If you want to video call other smartphones from your iPhone try tango. It works with any phone tango is installed on, also works over 3G...

No I was talking about video voicemails. Not the missed call badge. I know FT will stay a apple exclusive but don't you think it would be better to allow this without 3rd Parties involved.
It's more of a wish list than "hey How do I know if I missed a ft call" I know all of that. I just wish ft was a bit better. I know of tango/skype.

Last edited:
I just had a random thought. I just tried to FaceTime a friend without any answer. I think it would be good if we could leave FaceTime messages. It will also be cool if apple opened it up to every smartphone.
I like that idea, that would be pretty cool to have video voicemail?????

Last edited:
I like that idea, that would be pretty cool to have or even video voicemail?????

Now that's what I'm talking about someone agrees with me. I don't think it will ever happen though.

iCrank said:
Now that's what I'm talking about someone agrees with me. I don't think it will ever happen though.

I also agree with you. It'd be pretty sweet to send/receive video voicemails! Kinda surprised this is the first time I've heard/thought about this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

darkstar2007 said:
I also agree with you. It'd be pretty sweet to send/receive video voicemails! Kinda surprised this is the first time I've heard/thought about this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I'm surprised too.

You can send pictures and videos over whatsapp... Isn't that the same thing?

psych0hans said:
You can send pictures and videos over whatsapp... Isn't that the same thing?

No...anyone can send a mms. I'm talking about a totally different concept

Wow, I never thought of that before. It would be cool to have the option to just leave a video message if they are not available.

Although, I'm sure alot of video messages could fill up your capacity alot quicker than voicemails.

perezr10 said:
Wow, I never thought of that before. It would be cool to have the option to just leave a video message if they are not available.

Although, I'm sure alot of video messages could fill up your capacity alot quicker than voicemails.

It would be nice. A 10sec video mail would be awesome.