What's new

Error message

JennieR

Reaction score
I updated my 4S and my husbands 4S and my daughter iPhone 4. My parents have an iPhone 4 and it keeps giving them an error message and the update stops. When I first tried to update my 4S the day IOS7 came out I also had several error messages but it finally did work. I have brought their phone home with me to see if I have any better luck on a different wifi. In the meantime.....any suggestions or has anyone heard of this issue?

iOS 7 is one of the more problematic iOS releases from my experience. A lot a users are having problems with their device when upgrading/updating and were forced to restore to a fresh copy of iOS 7 to fix their issues. I'd recommend just creating a backup of your device(s) using iTunes, restore to iOS 7 instead of upgrading, and restore the backup. You'd have far less of a headache otherwise since a lot of the issues presented with iOS 7 were almost all solved with a fresh restore.

If your doing multiple phones, do the upgrade via iTunes. I updated multiple iPhone 5 and it only downloaded the new IOS once and it used the same file for the other phones. Oh yes, reset your phone before updating by holding the home and power button at the same time.