What's new

Error 3194

jason880615

Reaction score
Please help, this error really annoying, is apple stop signing the ios earlier than ios 6? I cant restore to ios 5.1.1.

Info:
Ipad 2 wi-fi, ios 5.1, not jailbroken.

Without the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 saved, you can't re-restore to iOS 5. And error 3194 means that iTunes isn't connecting to Apple. Remove any Apple related IPs from your host file.

1) Meaning that A5 devices are now dead end, have to wait for jailbreak releases?
2) And there is no way to do jailbreak either update to 5.1.1 or downgrade to 5.0.1?

Sorry for forgetting to reply, hmm...i have tried dealing with the host file follow the online guides. Neither works, can u post the guides here let me see if it'd be the same? Better with the host file attachment:)

Get TinyUmbrella and open it up. Go into the advanced tab and see if "Set Host to Cydia" is checked.

Last edited:
My device is ipad 2 wifi, ios 5.1, not jailbroken. So u mean tiny umbrella will help to deal with host file?

No luck, the option u asked me to check is not allowed to check or uncheck. It just shown but not editable.

Untick "Set Host to Cydia" in TinyUmbrella (make sure you're running as administrator) and restart your computer.

Mine is window xp, so i guess no need to run as admin. And the check box is unchecked by default. So what to do next?

If that's the case, open up your host file again. At the very end, type in the following:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Make sure iTunes is NOT running at all when doing so.

willerz2 said:
If that's the case, open up your host file again. At the very end, type in the following:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Make sure iTunes is NOT running at all when doing so.

Done, what s next? Restore to 5.1.1?

Wait, if you're installing the 5.1.1 IPSW, doing any of the above steps won't help since the window has closed. You need the 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved and stitched with a clean 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPad2 using RedSn0w to be able to upgrade to a closed window iOS. That requires RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella and your SHSH blobs to be saved to Cydia servers.

willerz2 said:
Wait, if you're installing the 5.1.1 IPSW, doing any of the above steps won't help since the window has closed. You need the 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved and stitched with a clean 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPad2 using RedSn0w to be able to upgrade to a closed window iOS. That requires RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella and your SHSH blobs to be saved to Cydia servers.

But the thing is, mine not jailbroken, how to save shsh? Or u are going to tell me even a non jailbroken device can save shsh? If yes, i will proceed it further with your supporting guidelines step by step later on.

Apple stores your SHSH blobs for you when the windows are still open. Once they're closed, they just remove them from their servers. Since the 5.1.1 window is closed, your only option is iOS 6 in terms of upgrading.

willerz2 said:
Apple stores your SHSH blobs for you when the windows are still open. Once they're closed, they just remove them from their servers. Since the 5.1.1 window is closed, your only option is iOS 6 in terms of upgrading.

Are u telling me there s no way to jailbreak currently until further notice about ios 6?