What's new

Error 3194 restore in ios 5.1 iphone 4

shali37

Reaction score
I jb my IPhone 4 through redsnow thread version,one time I restart my phone,so now cydia not working,safari also not working.
I tried to restore my phone it is not restoring,it telling error 3194.i tries to change the host also no use.
Need some help to bring my mobile back to normal.
Thanks

there are several threads on error 3194,type it into search,they may be helpful.

I jb my IPhone 4 through redsnow thread version,one time I restart my phone,so now cydia not working,safari also not working. I tried to restore my phone it is not restoring,it telling error 3194.i tries to change the host also no use.Need some help to bring my mobile back to normal.Thanks
In reference to the first part of your problem.... the Jailbreak for the iPhone 4 (or 3GS) on iOS 5.1 is a TETHERED JB. Meaning, every time you reboot/restart your phone you must connect to the computer and run "Just Boot" with redsn0w. As far as your 3194 error goes... you need to save the host file in "Administrator" mode. Other than that you can't make changes to the host file.

3194 usually means you are blocking Apple's servers in your hosts file. Make sure you have removed any references to "gs.apple.com" from the hosts file and save it in administrator mode.

DUDE!

Cydia and Safari was not working because you are on a tethered 5.1 jailbreak.

Open redsn0w, Shut off device, Enter DFU mode, Click "Extras" then click "Just boot" in redsn0w.

Your phone will reboot to a normal working state now.

redsn0w displays a message telling you this after the initial jailbreak.

You must do this on every reboot! hence the name "tethered" jailbreak. You must tether your device to your computer and run redsn0w to boot it up.

Last edited: