What's new

Does apple retail stores accept cash.

lazerbeam123

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to get the iPhone 5s on or just after launch I usually buy from eBay and pay cash on collection but might buy from my local apple store if I can pay with cash, do they take cash or is it all card. Thanks.

Hi all, I'm going to get the iPhone 5s on or just after launch I usually buy from eBay and pay cash on collection but might buy from my local apple store if I can pay with cash, do they take cash or is it all card. Thanks.

Why don't you call them and ask?

AFAIK they accept both cash and card. The only reason you'd rarely see anyone pay in cash is that you'd have to carry a thick wallet to pay for any hardware. But I've seen a person pay for a 27 inch iMac in cash before, and that didn't include all the other accessories he's purchased with it.

I'm sure they will be more than happy to relieve you of your cash :)

They will probably also ask you for your AppleID or an email where they can send a copy of the receipt to your email and they'll also log it into their system

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

I don't know if this is still acuarate but way back when I got my IP4, I had to preorder it, as did everyone else who wanted it the first month. That was back in the day of my trying to not use credit cards. I was planning to pay for the phone at the Apple Store when I placed the order and either they woudl not take cash or a check. I don't remember which. Now this was for the preorder. So what they decided I coudl do was purchase an Apple gift card and then use that card to place the order. So if you run into that problem, you will be able to get a gift card at Apple and use that for your pruchase.

I don't know if this is still acuarate but way back when I got my IP4, I had to preorder it, as did everyone else who wanted it the first month. That was back in the day of my trying to not use credit cards. I was planning to pay for the phone at the Apple Store when I placed the order and either they woudl not take cash or a check. I don't remember which. Now this was for the preorder. So what they decided I coudl do was purchase an Apple gift card and then use that card to place the order. So if you run into that problem, you will be able to get a gift card at Apple and use that for your pruchase.

Ok many thanks.